La Valentina Montepulciano D'Abruzzo Spelt 2012
La Valentina (Montepulciano d'Abruzzo)
£22.27 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy La Valentina Montepulciano D'Abruzzo Spelt 2012 right now.
You may also be interested in...
Description · La Valentina
La Valentina Montepulciano D'Abruzzo Spelt 2012 (Montepulciano)
TASTING NOTES OF La Valentina Montepulciano D' Abruzzo Spelt 2012:
- View: intense ruby with purple reflections
- Nose: floral notes of rose and violet, red fruit (currants and wild strawberries), graphite and licorice
- Mouth: full-bodied, tannic; persistent, freshness, minerals
GRAPES: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
AGEING: Aged for 16 months; It follows a rigorous selection in each barrel and then proceed to the assembly; last stop in oak barrels of 25 hl. and one year in bottle before release
PREPARATION: Harvest in late October; maceration and fermentation for about three weeks in stainless steel tanks; decanting wine in barrels of 25 hl. and partly in barrels (first and second step), where spontaneous malolactic conversion occurs
Combination: roasts, grilled meats, T-bone steak, pasta with meat sauce
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C
Buy La Valentina Wine:
More reviews about La Valentina Montepulciano D'Abruzzo Spelt 2012
Posted on 26/05/16 at 05.13
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about La Valentina Montepulciano D'Abruzzo Spelt 2015
This wine is a classic.
- View: intense red color with purple hues.
- Nose: A combination of scents of black fruits such as blackberries, blueberries and plums with spicy notes like juniper, cloves and red peppers. In the background feels a faint smell of snuff.
- Mouth: velvety and strong with polished tannins that give it a tasty flavor profile. The finish is long and persistent, leaving a mineral taste in the mouth, very refreshing.
APPELLATION: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (DOC).
VINEYARD: La Valentina. This winery was founded in 1990 in the municipality of Spoltore, in the valley of Pescara, east of Italy. It has a total of 30 hectares of vineyards in the hills of Abruzzo at an altitude between 200 and 300 meters above sea level. This area benefits from a special microclimate thanks to the fresh winds of the mountains and the sea breeze of the Adriatic.
GRAPES: Montepulciano (100%).
AGEING: Initially let stand a part of the batch in Slavonian oak barrels and 25 hl the other party in barrels for a period of 16 months. After these batches are mixed to give further refinement and stored again for two months in Slavonian oak barrels. A percentage of these barrels are new and the other has a second use. Finally allowed to stand almost a year in the bottle.
DEVELOPMENT: The grapes are harvested in the first week of October. The maceration and fermentation process is done in stainless steel tanks for 3 weeks.
WINE PAIRING: Grilled meats, lamb chops, pasta with ragu sauce. Usually in the region is often used to accompany the arrosticini which is a typical local dish consisting of skewered mutton.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C