Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018
Il Faggio (Montepulciano d'Abruzzo)
£9.13 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018 right now.
You may also be interested in...
Description · Il Faggio
Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018 (Montepulciano)
- View: Deep ruby red
- Nose: perfumes dark fruit, plums and cherries and a touch of mocha.
- Mouth: soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate and cherry finish.
APPELLATION: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.
GRAPES: Montepulciano 100%.
PREPARATION: only the best quality grapes for this blend were chosen mainly from fruit harvested by hand. In the cellar they were de-stemmed, crushed and pumped into stainless steel tanks designed specifically for fermenting red wine. The wine was inoculated with selected strains of yeast and fermented at temperatures up to 34 ° C. The fermentation lasted for about six days. In the early days, the wine is pumped frequently to increase extraction. This became less frequent towards the end of the fermentation process. After pressing, the wine is transferred to the tank for malolactic fermentation.
WINE PAIRING: beef and venison.
Buy Il Faggio Wine:
More reviews about Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018
Posted on 19/11/19 at 05.19
- It has soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate-cherry finish.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2016
- This wine has soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate-cherry finish.
- 2016 was a challenging vintage in Abruzzo. The severe frost in April damaged some of the vineyards. Even the summer days were interrupted by periods of grey skies and misty rains, which persisted into harvest. Yields were generally lower, and wines showed slightly less body and lower alcohol.
Reviews about Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2015
- Deep ruby red, with lifted perfumes of dark fruits, plums and cherries and a hint of mocha.
- Soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate-cherry finish.
- Limited stock.
I expected more from this wine.