Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 201875cl
Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2019
Description of Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018
Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018 (Montepulciano)
- View: Deep ruby red
- Nose: perfumes dark fruit, plums and cherries and a touch of mocha.
- Mouth: soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate and cherry finish.
APPELLATION: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.
GRAPES: Montepulciano 100%.
PREPARATION: only the best quality grapes for this blend were chosen mainly from fruit harvested by hand. In the cellar they were de-stemmed, crushed and pumped into stainless steel tanks designed specifically for fermenting red wine. The wine was inoculated with selected strains of yeast and fermented at temperatures up to 34 ° C. The fermentation lasted for about six days. In the early days, the wine is pumped frequently to increase extraction. This became less frequent towards the end of the fermentation process. After pressing, the wine is transferred to the tank for malolactic fermentation.
WINE PAIRING: beef and venison.
How to serve
Reviews of Il Faggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2018
- This wine has soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate-cherry finish.
- 2016 was a challenging vintage in Abruzzo. The severe frost in April damaged some of the vineyards. Even the summer days were interrupted by periods of grey skies and misty rains, which persisted into harvest. Yields were generally lower, and wines showed slightly less body and lower alcohol.
- Deep ruby red, with lifted perfumes of dark fruits, plums and cherries and a hint of mocha.
- Soft, ripe tannins and a delicious chocolate-cherry finish.
- Limited stock.