The Planeta Chardonnay is a white wine made by Planeta from the region of Menfi produced with chardonnay grapes. The Planeta Chardonnay is the ideal white to combine with vegetable dishes and risotto. Drinks&Co users rate this white wine with 4 out of 5 points.
“TASTING NOTES:View: Golden yellow with green highlights.Nose: The aroma is rich, smooth and intense, with notes of apricot, peach trees, apple trees, fig trees, enriched by pleasant notes of honey and pistachios.Mouth: The palate is rich and creamy, supported by a refreshing acidity that accompanies all tastes.APPELLATION: MenfiVINEYARD: The vineyards of the company Planeta state of the wine, which is based in Sambuca di Sicilia, in the province of Agrigento, which have a total area of 370 hectares, where the grapes are grown and treated with the utmost respect for the environment and ecosystem, the same philosophy applied to the entire enterprise management, protection of the landscape, resorting to the use of renewable energy, and recycling of materials and resources.GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay.AGEING: Aged in oak barrels for 12 months before being bottled.PREPARATION: is produced exclusively from grapes harvested and selected carefully by hand during harvest. After de-stemming and gentle pressing is carried out a temperature controlled fermentation barrel.PAIRING: Ideal for seafood dishes that accompanies, is ideal in combination with white meats and soups. For the most original combinations should be tested with seared foie gras and roast beef with mushroom sauce.RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10-12 ℃ALCOHOL: 13.5%”
“- Golden yellow with greenish hue. On the nose it comes across very intense, with citrus fruit flavours, chestnut, honey and a spicy complexity.
- Rich, ripe, and bursting with tropical fruit that springboards onto the tongue with a healthy lashing of oak.
- Colour: Golden yellow with a bright, greenish hue.
- Nose: Very intense, fruity bouquet with citrus, lime and peachy notes, lightly balsamic with hints of mint and sage, nutty tones and orange blossom.
- Palate: Dry and elegant with a good balance of fresh acidity and a supple, aromatic persistance, very well integrated, complex oak characters add depth to this beautifuly well crafted wine.
- Drinks very well on release but will mature for 6 to 8 years.
- Richly flavoured, fleshy fish, mushroom and truffle risotto and medium bodied, hard cheeses.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Planeta Sicilia Chardonnay 2014:
- View: Golden yellow, green tints.
- Nose: sweet notes of candied citrus, wildflower honey, nuts, fruit ripe white pulp, butter and vanilla.
- Mouth: soft, round, structured and persistent palate.
TEMPERATURE: 6-8 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%”
“Intense colour at sight. In my opinion, the Planeta Chardonnay Sicilia smelled like mango, banana and pear. Flavours are well balanced.
We had it with a pizza.
This time I shared it with two couples .”
Buying wine, champagne, beer and spirits online is easy at Drinks&Co: discover the best drinks from the best wineries and distilleries, and choose from the top wine and other beverages stores on the internet.