Description of Planeta Chardonnay 2018
Planeta Chardonnay 2018 (Chardonnay)
- View: deep golden color with green highlights.
- Nose: Elegant aromas of ripe fruits and citrus, nuts, caramel, honey and toasted wood tones.
- Mouth: full, soft, elegant, balanced, with perfect acidity and fresh flavors of ripe fruit body. long, elegant finish.
APPELLATION: Sicily, Italy.
AGEING: 6 months in French oak barrels.
PREPARATION: The grapes are harvested manually and subjected to a stripping process and gentle pressing. The must is clarified with natural sediments at low temperatures. Fermentation was carried out in French oak barrels at controlled temperatures of 16 to 20 ° C, for a period of 15 days. The wine is subjected to a malolactic fermentation, then be aged in oak barrels for a period of 6 months before bottling.
PAIRING: Appetizers, white meats, seafood, risotto, salad, baked vegetables, creamy desserts and fruit.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 12-14 ° C
How to serve
Reviews of Planeta Chardonnay 2018
- Rich, ripe, and bursting with tropical fruit that springboards onto the tongue with a healthy lashing of oak.
- Colour: Golden yellow with a bright, greenish hue.
- Nose: Very intense, fruity bouquet with citrus, lime and peachy notes, lightly balsamic with hints of mint and sage, nutty tones and orange blossom.
- Palate: Dry and elegant with a good balance of fresh acidity and a supple, aromatic persistance, very well integrated, complex oak characters add depth to this beautifuly well crafted wine.
- Drinks very well on release but will mature for 6 to 8 years.
- Richly flavoured, fleshy fish, mushroom and truffle risotto and medium bodied, hard cheeses.
TASTING NOTES OF Planeta Chardonnay Sicilia 2017:
- View: Golden irresistible.
- Nose: complex bouquet of fruit notes (pineapple, papaya and melon), white flowers, almond, delicious hints of vanilla, melted butter, intense, sweet and warm aroma, but balanced by the acidity of tropical fruit notes.
- Mouth: round and velvety on the palate, creamy and with a very successful acidity, long finish of subtle smoky memories.
TEMPERATURE: 6-8 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%