Catena Zapata Malbec 201775cl Volume
Catena Zapata Malbec 2017
Description of Catena Zapata Malbec 2017
Catena Zapata Malbec 2017 (Malbec)
- View: Intense purple, with violet reflections.
- Nose: Concentrated aromas of ripe red and black fruits, enriched with delicate floral notes (violet and lavender), vanilla and mocha.
- Mouth: Soft and concentrated taste; notes of blueberries, blackberries, leather and cinnamon; well integrated tannins; good acidity and minerality; very long finish.
NAME OF ORIGIN: Mendoza
VINEYARD: Bodega Catena Zapata
GRAPES: 100% Malbec.
PREPARATION: Fermentation in barriques for 32 days at a temperature of 24º-26ºC; délestage, fulling and pumping over; malolactic fermentation carried out.
AGING: In American and French wooden barrels for 14 months.
PAIRING: Roast turkey, grilled meats, salmon, pasta with tomato sauce.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16º-18ºC
How to serve
In 1994, Nicolas and his team were confident they had identified the best lots for growing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec. First, Jose Galante, winemaker since 1975, bottling a small cut grapes from the oldest and most uniform batches of Uxmal vineyard (which later was called because of its location Agrelo vineyard in the district of Agrelo). 300 cases were divided wine Catena Alta Cabernet Sauvignon.More about the Winery
Reviews of Catena Zapata Malbec 2017
- View: deep violet, purple reflections.
- Nose: deep aromas, ripe and dark red fruits, delicate notes of violet and lavender, traces of vanilla and mocha.
- Mouth: rich and concentrated feeling, flavors of blueberries and blackberries, a touch of leather and cinnamon, well integrated tannins, bright acidity and a slight minerality, exceptional length to the finish.
VINEYARD: Vineyards from different parts of Mendoza as Lunlunta, Agrelo, Altamira Brush and Gualtallary.
AGEING: Aged for 12 months in French oak barrels (70%), 20% of which, new, and American (30%), new all.
PREPARATION: fermented in stainless steel tanks.
PAIRING: grilled provoletta, vacuum and Argentinean grilled meat pies.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
Clear ruby red colour. Smell of coffee or wood. Not the sweetest wine, but kind of.
Catena Malbec /2015 Mendoza pairs vey well with a spicy fish .