Catena Alta Chardonnay 201675cl
Catena Alta Chardonnay 2018
Description of Catena Alta Chardonnay 2016
Catena Alta Chardonnay 2016 (Chardonnay)
- View: Delicate golden color with greenish hues.
- Nose: aromas of peaches, citrus fruits and vanilla stand out, accompanied by delicious floral and spicy notes on a background of toast.
- Mouth: round and has a very exotic structure. On the palate flavors of peach mixed with notes of ripe apricot emerge. complex and long finish, with a touch of minerality and refreshing acidity.
VINEYARD: Bodega Catena Zapata. The winery is located in the city of Lujan de Cuyo in Mendoza province, west of Argentina. They have a total of 6 vineyards distributed by Mendoza, where the vineyard "Adrianna", an extraordinary land of calcareous soils and abundant gravel at the foot of the Andes stands out, with an altitude of 1500 meters, where nobody thought they could mature vines, given its climatic conditions. This vineyard 80% varietal extract to produce Catena Alta Chardonnay 2016. The remaining 20% is harvested in the vineyard Domingo, in the region of Tupungato, on grounds of boulders, covered with limestone, to 1127 meters above sea level.
GRAPES: Chardonnay (100%).
AGEING: Aged 12 to 16 months in French oak barrels of first, second and even third use. It undergoes only 70% malolactic fermentation production.
PREPARATION: Manual harvest. The clusters are pressed to give full carbonic maceration. Once you obtained the wort is subjected to alcoholic fermentation in French oak barrels of 500 liters with natural yeast at low temperatures.
PAIRING: White meats, fish and cheeses.
RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 12.09 °C
In 1994, Nicolas and his team were confident they had identified the best lots for growing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec. First, Jose Galante, winemaker since 1975, bottling a small cut grapes from the oldest and most uniform batches of Uxmal vineyard (which later was called because of its location Agrelo vineyard in the district of Agrelo). 300 cases were divided wine Catena Alta Cabernet Sauvignon.More about the Winery
Reviews of Catena Alta Chardonnay 2016
Good colour. Clearly noticeable aromas of white fruits. The wine was ok.
Better decant this Catena Alta Chardonnay Mendoza from 2014, it tastes better.