D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz 201575cl
D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz 2015
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2015 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||McLaren Vale (South Australia, Australia)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Wine Level In The Bottle:||Top-Shoulder (THE - Très Haute Epaule)|
Description of D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz 2015
D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz 2015 (Shiraz)
- View: The Dead Arm Shiraz 2015 is a dry wine presented in view of seductive red, tending to brilliant ruby, characterized by a fluid consistency.
- Nose: Few other wines from this region are able to respond in this way, elegance and refinement felt a smell test. The wine shows a robust and vibrant nose from the lively notes.
- Mouth: The weapon of the 2,015 dead Shiraz structure is the result of a succession of plum, licorice and blackberries, through the bright colors that carry blueberry, Granada and spices. The slight initial acidity gives way to the taste of a land that can give strong emotions to the palate.
VINEYARD: Production of D'Arenberg wines Australia has a century of history, and extends along vineyards grown organically, on stage McLaren Vale, South Australia, where winemaking follow traditional processes, retains its authenticity.
AGEING: Hand pressing and fermented in French and American oak barrels of maple, not filtered or clarified.
PREPARATION: The Dead Arm Shiraz 2015, was produced from 1912 by Shiraz grapes, certified organic crop land characterized by rich soil and generous flavors that can give this wine a taste of concentrated flavors, excellent natural acidity and an instant and intense fruity aftertaste.
MATCHING: Beef, lamb, game, poultry
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 14-16 °C
ALCOHOL: 14:40 Vol%.
d'Arenberg is one of the most significant wineries in McLaren Vale. In 1912 Joseph Osborn (pictured left), a teetotaller and director of Thomas Hardy and Sons, purchased the well established Milton Vineyards of 25 hectares in the hills just north of the townships of Gloucester and Bellevue, now known as McLaren Vale.More about the Winery
Reviews of D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz 2015
- The lavender floral notes along with plum and blackberries, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and hint of five spice.
- The opulent palate is rich and dense with staggering concentration. Rhubarb and deep earth add to the complexity.
- The chewy tannins are abundant and balanced by the fruit power.
- Building through the palate the tannins provide for a long vibrant savoury and spicy finish.
- This is the most famous of d'Arenberg's icon wines
- The vines are 100+ years old
- Dead Arm is a vine disease caused by the fungus Eutypa Lata that randomly affects vineyards all over the World. One half, or an arm of the vine slowly becomes reduced to dead wood. The grapes on the other side, while very low yielding display amazing intensity
D'Arenberg typical opaque colour. This D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz showed some obvious scents of red fruits. Although it took me some days to finish the bottle, it still tasted delicious in the end.
This D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz deserves a special meat.