Lujan de Cuyo
Pulenta Estate la Flor Cabernet Sauvignon 201775cl
Pulenta Estate la Flor Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Description of Pulenta Estate la Flor Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Pulenta Estate la Flor Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- View: intense ruby.
- Nose: spicy, red pepper, oregano, eucalyptus and hints of plum jam, complex notes of chocolate, coconut and snuff aging in oak.
- Mouth: Round, nice concentration, soft tannins, good structure and volume. elegant and long finish.
APPELLATION: Luján de Cuyo.
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon 100%.
AGEING: aged 30% wood and fermentation step 6 months barrels second use.
PREPARATION: Manual harvest in boxes of 18 kg. Harvest and manual selection of grapes and grains. 12 to 24 hours of maceration between 5 and 8 C. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks and concrete tanks. Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in concrete tanks.
WINE PAIRING: Red meats, grilled.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 ° C
Reviews of Pulenta Estate la Flor Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- Farmed at 1000 metres in the fashionable Lujan De Cuyo enclave of Mendoza, these Cabernet Sauvignon grapes enjoy a brief cold pre-fermentation maceration, which extracts colour and adds a real precision and purity to the fruit expression.
- The fruit in this instance is dominated by plum and cassis, with a backdrop of spice, loganberry, eucalypt and bell pepper. A short period in barrel has added notes of vanillin and tobacco, yet the tannins are soft and the wine is approachable.
- Good, as always, with roasts and hard cheeses.