From Cà Maiol (Lugana Lombardia), we received this Ca' Maiol Prestige Lugana , a white wine vinified from trebbiano di soave. The Ca' Maiol Prestige Lugana is the ideal white to combine with risotto and creams. According to Drinks&Co users, this white wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
“- Straw yellow with greenish reflex.
- A clean wine with a clear identity, it offers perfumes of green apple, lime, and wild thyme.
- On opening releases aromas of oats and white pepper.
- Pleasant and soft on the palate, in perfect equilibrium with all its components, with a mineral finish.
- The Lugana D.O.P. Prestige summarises in its name the prestigious mix of elements that characterized it: a unique soil of its type, rich in clay; the mild microclimate of Lake Garda; the noble autochthonous Trebbiano of Lugana vine that gives grapes of a white fruit of a singular typicity. The selection during harvest for the Prestige production occurs exclusively among the grapes found in the 25 hectares of Lugana Trebbiano vines, of an average age of 30 years, of the Cà Maiöl holding, main quarters of the Provenza winery. A delicate wine with a dry feel, the acidity stronglysalified, obtained by a so' vinification and fermentation in steel, ready to drink a'eraging in the bottle in the spring of the following year. Annual production is approximately 250,000 bottles, distributed in prestigious wine shops and restaurants both in Italy and abroad.”
“The Prestige Lugana winery Ca Maiol born on the rivers south of Lake Garda, in one of the areas that suit the Trebbiano di Lugana. Product with this blend pure, Lugana Prestige Ca Maiol aged for 6 months in bottle before being brought to market. Straw yellow with greenish reflections, are clear and driven to the nose hints of lime, verda apple and wild thyme. Of great balance and smooth on the palate, like any self-respecting Lugana, has mineral hints that accompany him in the final.”
“- The Lugana D.O.P. Prestige summarises in its name the prestigious mix of elements that characterized it:
- A unique soil of its type, rich in clay the mild microclimate of Lake Garda.
- A delicate wine with a dry feel, the acidity strongly salified, obtained by a soft vinification and fermentation in steel.
- Ready to drink after aging in the bottle in the spring of the following year.
- Annual production is approximately 250,000 bottles, distributed in prestigious wine shops and restaurants both in Italy and abroad.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Ca' Maiol Prestige Lugana 2014:
- View: Straw yellow, green reflections.
- Nose: a delicate bouquet of almonds.
- Mouth: a white wine with a clear identity, with notes of green apple, lemon and wild thyme.
VINEYARD: Ca Maiol
GRAPES: 100% Trebbiano.
TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5%”