Strega (Liquors & creams)
£25.20 + £14.64 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£151.22 + £21.11 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£277.24 + £30.54 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
Shipping: Gourmet en casa TCM - UK (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.39 points for each unit bought
There are so many delicious Italian aperitifs and digestifs on the market right now and Liquore Strega deserves a place among them. First created in 1860, this unique spirit is a vibrant canary yellow that is set off beautifully by its vintage-looking bottle with its raised glass sun. This is especially appropriate as Liquore Strega advertises itself as made out of a sunray.
The word "strega" means "witch" in Italian. The product's hometown of Benevento was considered a gathering place for witches, according to folklore, a fact which clearly influenced the naming of the spirit. Liquore Strega is made using a secret family recipe of about 70 different herbs and spices, which are ground and macerated in grain alcohol before being left to age in ash barrels while the flavours marry and mellow.
This famous product is spicy and minty. Cinnamon, iris, juniper, mint, cloves, star anise, white pepper, and nutmeg are just some of the botanicals making up the blend. The colour is gained from the introduction of saffron to the mix. This unmistakable spirit is as good as it is gorgeous. Traditionally served as a digestif after a meal, it can be enjoyed at any temperature. Now finding its way into exciting cocktails thanks to its great flavour profile, Liquore Strega is a classic that is not going away any time soon.
If you liked Liquore Strega, you may also enjoy...
Description · Strega
- Colour: Liquore Strega has a bright canary yellow colour.
- Aroma: Refreshing bouquet charged with herbal notes of mint, fennel, saffron, and honey.
- Taste: Herbal and spicy notes on the palate as well, with flavours of anise, mint, juniper, and fennel, completed with a sugary touch. The finish is long and lasting, with the ting of saffron and juniper.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: Crafted from a wide variety of all-natural herbs and spices, the vibrating yellow colour is given by the exquisite saffron. Over 70 different natural ingredients are carefully handpicked and selected to create this spirit. These ingredients, collected from Europe, Central America, and the Orient, are grinded and macerated and integrated with the base spirit prior to the distillation process, carried out in traditional swan neck pot stills. The spirit is then aged in ash barrels for several months in order to incorporate all the aromas and flavours. The final result, a complex and deep blend, spicy and minty, and quite refreshing. Strega is the Italian word for witch, and the legend has it that witches cast a love spell in this concoction, granting forever love to all the couples who drink it. Love potion or not, Liquore Strega works perfectly as a digestif.
Buy Strega Spirits:
Highlighted review about Liquore Strega
Posted on 14/08/19 at 11.08
More reviews about Liquore Strega
Posted on 31/07/19 at 11.16
Posted on 15/01/18 at 22.29
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
Giuseppe Alberti Liquore Strega
- It dates back to the 1860's and continues to have a romantic association where legend has it that couples who drink it together will remain united in love forever.
- A perfectly natural product, it obtains its typical yellow colour from the saffron added to the alcoholic infusion; then a long fermentation in oak vats concurs to the perfect balance of the aromas and contributes to the characteristic fine, smooth and soft taste.
- Excellent after a meal, it expresses its versatility in the most varied manners hence assuring an indisputable satisfaction whether sipping it dry, with ice or iced.
- Both the taste and the warm solar colour become the inseparable companions of long-drinks and cocktails, but it is also added to ice cream, fruit salad and as ingredient in cake preparations.
Posted on 26/11/18 at 13.13
- Color: yellow crocus caracterítisco.
- Flavour: mint, fennel, saffron, honey and a slight smell of ink.
- Taste: flavors of mint, anise, juniper, fennel, and other herbs and sugar, a touch of alcohol warmth. Final flavored saffron and honey stained persistent juniper.
PRODUCER: Strega Alberti.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: obtained by the distillation of about 70 herbs and spices from around the world.
Posted on 27/05/19 at 13.36
Posted on 18/08/17 at 05.09
Strega Liquor Alberti
Liquor Strega Alberti is one of the most famous Italian liquors. It is produced in Benevento in Campania since 1860. It is based on a legend that Benevento was the city where all the witches of the world were found periodically pagan rituals around a tree of Walnut that was then grubbed. Liquor Strega Alberti is born from the distillation process and infusions of more than 70 aromatic herbs mixed with mastery and balance to obtain an unmistakable and inimitable taste. The yellowed color is given by the infusion with saffron. The Strega Liquor is aged for a long time in oak barrels to obtain a perfect synthesis of many different aromas, thus producing a distillate with a gradient of 40% vol. It is only after this aging period that the liquor is bottled and distributed around the world.
Posted on 31/03/17 at 13.42
- Liquore Strega is a typical Italian national drink, unique and distinctive for its special taste, which is determined by the use of natural ingredients
- It is recommended to serve the liqueur cold or on ice
- Allergens: contains sulfites
Posted on 22/10/15 at 05.04
Giuseppe Alberti Il Liquore Strega
In 1860, evoking an ancient legend which told that the city of Benevento was the haunt of all the witches of the world, He was born Liquore Strega. Natural liquor obtained from the distillation of nearly 70 herbs and spices from around the world
Posted on 25/08/13 at 05.05