Description of Viña Leyda Sauvignon Blanc Garuma Vineyard 2016
Viña Leyda Sauvignon Blanc Garuma Vineyard 2016 (Sauvignon Blanc)
- View: Bright straw.
- Nose: mineral and elegant aromas of herbs, green pepper and citrus notes such as lime and pink grapefruit.
- Mouth: bright, herbal notes, with a creamy texture, great concentration, a vibrant acidity and a lingering finish.
APPELLATION: Leyda Valley.
VINEYARD: vineyards in the Leyda Valley, just 12 kilometers from the Pacific Ocean, ocean breezes and cool weather conditions during the spring and summer make this an extraordinary area for growing white varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling.
GRAPES: Sauvignon Blanc.
AGEING: aged on its lees for six months to get a rounder structure and improve mouthfeel.
PREPARATION: grapes harvested and selected by hand in the cellar to ensure the quality of the fruit. Half pressed with whole bunches and the other cold macerated. 100% fermented in stainless steel tanks at low temperatures (starting at 13 °C, ending at 16 °C) for 18-20 days.
PAIRING: fresh seafood, such as oysters, clams and sea urchins, cuts of white fish such as sashimi or carpaccio.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Reviews of Viña Leyda Sauvignon Blanc Garuma Vineyard 2016
- Ripe citrus aromas such as grapefruit combine with fresh green lime and hints of green chilli peppers on the nose.
- On the palate this wine is fully concentrated and fresh, with mineral tones at the front, a rich mid palate and a well balanced grapefruit character on the finish.
- Superb on its own but will also compliment lamb or chicken.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc.
In my personal opinion, it perhaps was a bit dear.