Description of Viña Leyda Pinot Noir Reserva 2019
Viña Leyda Pinot Noir Reserva 2019 (Pinot Noir)
- View: Bright red and deep ruby.
- Nose: smoked, strawberries, cherries acid and earthy.
- Mouth: Soft, dry, medium acidity, flavor of red fruits like cherry and strawberry, earthy, plum, blackberry.
APPELLATION: San Antonio Valley, Chile.
VINEYARD: Viña Leyda.
GRAPES: Pinot Noir.
AGEING: Aged for 10 months.
MAKING: The clusters were received at the winery, destemmed and gently crushed. The must was macerated to 8 ° C in stainless steel tanks for 5 days, in order to obtain colors and flavors of high intensity. Then fermentation was handled between 26 to 28 ° C for 8 days with a regimen of soft punching. After fermentation, 50% of the wine was transferred to French oak barrels for 6 months where the fermentation took place maleoláctica.
WINE PAIRING: A good companion for veal, beef, poultry.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 12-16 ° C
Reviews of Viña Leyda Pinot Noir Reserva 2019
- A fruity nose with strawberries, hints of red cherries and a subtle wild herb notes with a delicate smokiness and tobacco.
- Refined on the palate, juicy and full of ripe berry flavours, a hint of minerality and refreshing finish.
- This wine is the perfect accompaniment to an array of food such as Beef bourguignon, Beef Stew, creamy cheeses and fish such as salmon.
- 100% Pinot Noir.