Viña Leyda Merlot Reserva 201775cl
Viña Leyda Merlot Reserva 2017
Description of Viña Leyda Merlot Reserva 2017
Viña Leyda Merlot Reserva 2017 (Merlot)
- View: intense ruby, pink trim and middle layer.
- Nose: refined and complex, intense aromas and sweet, well integrated raspberries and spices, dark chocolate and a hint of herbs.
- Mouth: well structured, large and dense with tannins, bright and long final acidity.
APPELLATION: Maipo Valley.
VINEYARD: Selected vineyards in the Rapel Valley. The intense sunlight and cool breezes make Rapel Valley a good place to produce Merlot.
AGEING: aged for 8 months in French oak barrels.
PREPARATION: After a gentle fermentation, wine left on lees and skins for an additional 5 days.
PAIRING: beef and lamb.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
Reviews of Viña Leyda Merlot Reserva 2017
- Sweet aromas of plums, cherries, and spices. Dark chocolate and tobacco notes add complexity in the nose.
- Well structured in the mouth, wide and dense, with ripe tannins, bright acidity and a pleasant finish.