Welcome to Drinks&Co

You must be over 18 to enter this site.

Please enter your year of birth.

Please drink responsibly


Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018


£16.32 (Approximate price)

Technical sheet

Type Of Wine: white wine
Vintage: 2018 Other vintages
Appellation:Kamptal (Niederösterreich, Austria)
Winery: LOIMER
Volume: 75cl
Grapes: Grüner Veltliner
Allergens: Contains Sulfites
Alcohol Vol.: 12%
The Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018 : a white wine from Kamptal produced by LOIMER based on grüner veltliner of 2018 and shows an alcoholic strength of 12%. According to Drinks&Co users, this white wine earns 4 out of 5 points.

Elaboration of Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018

Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018 (Grüner Veltliner)


  • View: Pale yellow.
  • Nose: aromas of herbs and fresh green apple.
  • Mouth: spicy flavors, good acidity, notes of green apple, lemon, radish and arugula.


VINEYARD: located 200 to 400 meters above sea level, climate Kamp Valley is characterized by cool nights and warm days, with a long and sunny autumn. The high summer temperatures are mitigated by the riverDanube Waldviertel (forested area). The long growing seasonand the temperature difference between night and day gives the grapes a chance to reach full maturity and develop fine perfumes andflavors The grapes for this wine are grown in fine vineyards and old aroundLangenlois and nearby areas. 80% of the vines are grown on loess soilsand 20% in soil of weathered gneiss

GRAPES: Gruner Veltliner.

AGEING: the wine fermented in tanks remains on fine lees for 4 months before mixing with small percentage of wine fermented in barrel.

PREPARATION: the hand-picked grapes underwent short maceration (two hours) before being pressed, fermented and clarification. 95% of the fruit was fermented in stainless steel tanks with temperature controlled at 20-22 ° C for two to four weeks with the remaining 5% fermented in large oak barrels.

PAIRING: gently spicy Vietnamese dishes, Chinese dishes and Thai cuisine, fish, shellfish, pork or ham, even asparagus.


See more

Reviews of Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018


1 customer reviews
  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1
Your rating for Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018:Rate Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 2018:

4 /5

- This wine is pale yellow in colour. On the nose, there are aromas of herbs with fresh green apple.
- On the palate, this wine is juicy and well-balanced with a touch of minerality on the finish.
View more
Reviews of other vintages of Loimer Kamptal Gruner Veltliner 201802015102017


- Spicy, peppery, and even exotic notes like grapefruit and pineapple. The very clear, juicy fruit and beautiful acidity make this a very animated, pleasurable wine to drink.
- Because of its structure and lengthy mineral palate, this is a wine of depth - even with its medium body.
- A wonderfully representative Veltliner from the Kamptal.
View more


The combination of this Loimer Kamptal Grüner Veltliner and meat did not seem appropriate, best pair it with fish. A Kamptal is better to be discovered alone.
It was light yellow in colour. Perfume of white flowers: jasmine, lilies .... Correct acidity.
View more
Andrea Sanders