Chartreuse Diffusion (Herbal liqueur)
£53.46 + £14.64 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£320.77 + £21.11 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£641.54 + £30.69 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
Shipping: Gourmet en casa TCM - UK (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.82 points for each unit bought
First introduced in 1838, Green Chartreuse is a world-famous herbal liquor made using entirely natural ingredients. This French liqueur has no artificial flavours or preservatives, meaning that its peculiar colour comes from the special blend of ingredients in it. In fact, back in 1884, the word "chartreuse" came into English as the name for the colour, all thanks to this spirit.
Before the colour came the product and before the product, its invention. Green Chartreuse has been made by monks since its recipe was crafted in 1764, based on a manuscript that had been given to them in 1605. Two of these monks continue to be the only people in the world who know all of the 130 botanicals, plants, and herbs that are needed to craft Green Chartreuse. These two monks select, crush, and mix all of the ingredients themselves before they are taken to Voiron, France. Once there, the mixture is macerated in alcohol before being distilled and aged in oak casks.
After all that work, what is left is a powerful liqueur with an eye-catching colour. Traditionally enjoyed as an after-dinner drink, this elegantly bottled delight is best served very cold, so much so that adding a few ice cubes to the mix can never hurt. Once intended as an "elixir for long life", now Green Chartreuse is a brilliant spirit to enjoy on its own or as part of a cocktail.
If you liked Chartreuse Green, you may also enjoy...
Description · Chartreuse Diffusion
- Colour: Light green
- Smell: Intense aromas of perfumed juniper, pine and herbs that make up your prescription.
- Taste: Complex and something spicy.
Chartreuse Green is the only green liqueur in the world with all-natural colour. The colour is derived from plants and herbs in the recipe with no additives or artificial colouring. The mixture ages for several years in oak barrels.
ALCOHOL: 55% Vol
Since 1737, the Elixir Vegetal is made in the pharmacy of the Monastery of La Grande Chartreuse. It is born in 1764 as the Chartreuse Green and Yellow Chartreuse in 1838. Then over time, the distillery was moved and route kilometers. She spends Fourvoirie in Voiron and from there the Carthusian...
Buy Chartreuse Diffusion Spirits:
Highlighted review about Chartreuse Green
Posted on 09/10/17 at 16.55
More reviews about Chartreuse Green
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- It is powerful and unique.
- Only three monks know the identity of the 130 plants, how to blend them and how to distill them into this world famous liqueur. They are also the only ones who know which plants they have to macerate to produce the natural green and yellow colours, and they alone supervise the slow ageing in oak casks.
- Packaged in a traditional Chartreuse liqueur bottle. Very elegant with the embossed seal of La Grande Chartreuse.
- To bring out all its flavour, it should be consumed very cold, even on the rocks. Traditionally considered an after dinner drink, Chartreuse is more and more being enjoyed as a long drink.
Posted on 07/07/17 at 11.25
Posted on 30/06/17 at 08.48