Château La Tour Carnet 2011
Château La Tour Carnet (Haut-Médoc)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£30.36 + £7.74 Shipping (24h - 3 days)
Shipping: Odyssée-Vins (France)
£ You will receive 0.47 points for each unit bought
Technical sheet · Château La Tour Carnet
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2011 Other vintages|
|Winery:||Château La Tour Carnet|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Franc, Merlot|
If you liked Château La Tour Carnet 2011, you may also enjoy...
Description · Château La Tour Carnet
Château La Tour Carnet 2011 (Cabernet Franc and Merlot)
- View: Château La Tour Carnet 2011 has a apicotado colour with purple hues, good intensity.
- Nose: The nose is full of hints of ripe red and black fruit, spicy and salty tones.
- Taste: Elegant on the palate, authorizing a waste of fruity sweetness, with a creamy texture step and a good content. Good volume recreates sensations, a long trace developing acidity. Statuesque tannins, good meaty and spicy scent. Long and dense. Has frank persistence. Aftertaste speaking of fruit, much fruit; Wood leaving footprints on the second line, extending spicy tones and providing a finish that speaks of salinity.
PAIRING: with beef
GRAPES: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon; 43% Merlot; 6% Cabernet Franc; 3% Petit Verdot
CELLAR: Château La Tour Carnet
Château La Tour Carnet
La Tour Carnet is one of the oldest castles of the Médoc, evidenced by its medieval architecture, with its famous tower surrounded by a moat, and its vineyards planted since 1407. Chateau was owned by the family of the philosopher Michel de Montaigne in his mayor time of Bordeaux. Since the...
Buy Château La Tour Carnet Wine:
Highlighted review about Château La Tour Carnet 2011
Posted on 26/02/18 at 13.10
Château La Tour Carnet 2011
- The palate is very juicy with lively acidity, allergens: contains sulfites
More reviews about Château La Tour Carnet 2011
Posted on 23/07/15 at 05.29
Posted on 28/10/17 at 04.27
Posted on 21/12/15 at 15.05
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Château La Tour Carnet 2012
The 75 hectares of La Tour Carnet stretch for South / South-West facing slopes. The vines of the vineyard is composed of 51% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc 6% and 3% Petit Verdot.
The wines are aged in barrels (60% new) for 18 months.
This 2012 vintage is indeed the proof of the hard work of Bernard Magrez to change this Haut-Médoc among the greatest. Elegant and roundness, it offers a light fruity, in the right measure. This will soften with time.
Probably one of the best quality / price of the Médoc.
Decanter: 16.5 / 20
Drink or keep: 2015 - 2025
PAIRING: Skewers of lamb with spices
Reviews about Château La Tour Carnet 2016
- View: Intense garnet, good brilliance.
- Nose: roasted and fruity notes.
- Mouth: wide mouth, long and sweet finish.
APPELLATION: High Medoc.
GRAPES: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot.
AGEING: 18 months in barrels 70% new French oak.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13%
Reviews about Château La Tour Carnet 2015
Reddish towards brown colour. I cleary noticed toasty notes. The wine was ok.
I had it with cod and potatoes.