Château Charmail produces this Château Charmail , a red wine from the region of Haut-Médoc made of merlot. The Château Charmail is the ideal red to combine with red meat and mushrooms. Drinks&Co users reviewed this red wine with 3 of 5 points.
“This year, the property produced 80% of great wine leaving 20% devoted to his second label. Charmail 2015 is a Haut-Médoc of intense color, almost black purple. The aromatic expression is sharp and full of fresh flavors of blackberry and currant. It's intense and ample. The palate offers dynamic, a tannic structure that tannin has a tight grain but elegant, well extracted, perfectly ripe. We appreciate the weight of wine in mid-palate of this wine that has a spicy and long finish. The aging potential!”
“This red and blue fish, would be just the perfect combination. I got it as a gift from my boss.
What an intense colour. Chocolate aromas. I liked the Château Charmail Cru Bourgeois for its rough taste.”
“We drank with another couple.
Eye-catching cherry colour with a low layer. Tea aromas. I liked the Château Charmail Haut-Médoc, although it tasted a bit rough.
The best wine in combination with grilled foie.”
“Progress, spectacular in recent vintages have been unanimously praised by the international press. No wonder that since the work follows the standards of the great vintages. The Château Charmail produces wines with the quality / price widely recognized. One of the best Crus Bourgeois. dark, intense color. Aromatic nose, fruity, ripe. Soft mouth suite with a nice taste of ripe fruit and body on the palate. Good finish to the covered tannicity. Wine well built and tasty. JM Quarin”
Plenty of sweet black currant fruit intertwined with hints of incense and damp earth; medium-bodied with plenty of juicy, savory fruit, soft tannin and decent acidity
VINEYARD: Château Charmail”
- View: Château Charmail Cru Bourgeois 2006 is dark ruby red with an almost black core.
- Nose: The very intensive bouquet convinces with rich fruit like blackberry and red cherry, young plum, vanilla, a hint exoticism and Provencal herbs.
- Palate: Strength, full and round tannins with great freshness. Very harmoniously, power and finesse are well combinated.
GRAPES: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc
CELLAR: Château Charmail”
“I went with work colleagues to Château Charmail and we taste it there.
Red with violet nuances. It disclosed a very nice smell of white roses. Stays a quite a few time in the mouth.
It was a perfect companion for the main course.”
“The Château Charmail should be enjoyed after the meal. My boss gifted to me.
Bright cherry colour, high layer. The smell of this Château Charmail reminds me somehow a menthol candy. It felt like the typical astringency from Château Charmail.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Château Charmail 2000:
- View: Purple
- Nose: Intense aroma of fruit and spices
- Mouth: Soft fruity flavor, sweet and a little touch of wood
GRAPES: Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot
WINERY: Château Charmail”