Elaboration of David Traeger Maranoa 2012
David Traeger Maranoa 2012 (Verdelho)
TASTING NOTES OF David Traeger Maranoa 2012:
- View: Vibrant Green.
- Nose: aromas of lemon, lime, stone fruit, a touch of ripe apricot, rose petals and lychee.
- Mouth: wonderful flavors, excellent cooling structure, freshness and a dry, elegant finish.
APPELLATION: Goulburn Valley.
VINES: David Treager
PAIRING: seafood and shellfish.
TEMPERATURE: 10-14 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Reviews of David Traeger Maranoa 2012
- Nose: it displays lemon, lime and stone fruit aromas with a touch of ripe apricot, and has also been described as having rose petal and lychee notes.
- Palate: this wine has wonderful mouth-filling flavours, an excellent refreshing structure, crispness and a lingering, stylish dry finish.
A tantalizing dry white, showing all the hallmark characters of the Verdelho variety, the excellent mouthfeel and length. Verdelho as a variety ripens early and shows fantastic tropical fruit characters, as well as peach, lemongrass and guava aromas, flowing through to palates of mouthfilling intensity and long length.
- The variety, while extremely attractive when young, also ages well, to become a toasty complex and enjoyable aged white.
- Excellent with tapas, with first courses, oysters, even with spicy Asian food.