Plymouth Gin began its journey back in 1793. This historic brand is distilled in the Black Friars Distillery, which built as a monastery back in 1431. For this reason, a thirsty monk graces every bottle of Plymouth Gin . It is now the oldest functioning gin distillery in the UK and this spirit is currently the only gin to be distilled within the city limits of Plymouth, in the southwest UK.
The Plymouth style of gin sets itself apart from the London Dry style by being less dry, less juniper-forward, and more earthy in flavour. The recipe for Plymouth gin has remained unchanged since 1793. There are only seven botanicals used: juniper berries, angelica root, coriander seed, green cardamom, lemon peel, orange peel, and orris root. These are distilled in small batches with pure grain alcohol and local Dartmoor water to create a gin that has been winning awards and loyalty for centuries.
The smoothness of this gin makes it the perfect spirit to mix into the gin cocktail of your dreams. Unlike some of the more modern gins on the market, this one is extremely versatile and gentle, melding effortlessly into any combination you mix it into - without losing its distinct earthiness or personality.
If you liked Plymouth Gin, you may also enjoy...
Description · Plymouth
- View: This gin is clear and bright.
- Nose: Aromas of Plymouth Gin are very particular, are the aromas of orange first glass back, then just juniper berries make their appearance, interspersed with allspice berries and pistils lily.
- Palate: The attack is fresh and well structured mouth, junipers are present, but are offset by citrus and pepper. The final persistent is bittersweet.
PRODUCER: Plymouth being a port, which received at the time of the first sources of raw materials in the Americas, and this was born Plymouth Gin . These are, again, the Dominican monks from the eighteenth century are responsible for this alcohol, and created a different gin, a machine, which is also the only gin to enjoy an appellation of origin.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: The Plymouth Gin is the result of the meeting between the British tradition and spices from the New World, a happy marriage flavors whose exact recipe is of course very well kept. Like any good gin, all from a high-quality grain that is harvested in the region, particularly pure water and slightly mineral spring. And then there are the herbs and spices, additional flavors that make traveling the palace as the Mayflower, which appears on the label, the settlers took off.
Buy Plymouth Spirits:
Highlighted review about Plymouth Gin
Posted on 26/09/19 at 07.51
More reviews about Plymouth Gin
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- Plymouth Gin documents from 1896 as the original base for the first dry martini and is the only gin consistantly specified in the Savoy Cocktail Book - the bible of mixed drinks.
- Plymouth Gin's unique blend of botanicals combine with soft Dartmoor water to create this impeccable and uncorrupted taste.
Posted on 30/11/16 at 10.16
Posted on 22/06/16 at 13.17