Maison Ferrand (Gin)
£37.70 + £14.64 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£226.18 + £21.11 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
£452.37 + £30.69 Shipping (8 - 12 days)
Shipping: Gourmet en casa TCM - UK (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.58 points for each unit bought
Citadelle is half "revival" half new innovation: "revival" because it's a gin that's inspired in the first gin produced in France , in the "Citadelle"; innovation because the distillery Maison Ferrand is situated on France's southeast corner, more famous for its cognacs more than for its gin. But perhaps the boldest part was the revelation that during the low season, when they couldn't legally distill Cognac, they started to distill gin. The government finally relinquished in the year 95, and thus began the magic of the open flames and stills. And so was this famous gin born.
If you liked Gin Citadelle, you may also enjoy...
Description · Maison Ferrand
- Transparent color.
- Flavour: notes of juniper and jasmine, with an ending that called anise and cinnamon.
- Taste: The fine flavor, spicy, elegant, beautiful freshness.
PRODUCER: Made in the Poitou-Charentes (France), Maison Ferrand who, in 1775, obtained permission from Louis XVI to produce distillates. The distillery was opened with twelve still images Citadelle de Dunkerque, while achieving the privilege of supplying only the royal house for twenty years.
Production details: The recipe was developed in 1771 at a distillery in Dunkirk, one of the first ports of Europe on the way back to the carriers trading company who returned from the east laden with spices. Although the recipe is kept secret, the ingredients include 19 different species such as juniper France, cilantro Morocco, almonds and lemon zest and sour Spain, Mexico peel juicy oranges, angelica northern Germany, India , cardamom, cinnamon bark cassia Sri Lanka and Indochina, Chinese licorice, spicy flavor of grains of paradise West African pepper cubeba from Java, Dutch cumin, salt and stars French anise, nutmeg, fennel and orris root of Italy, prized for its digestive properties. Voted best gin in the world in 2008, which should be served at a temperature of 16-18 ° C in order to appreciate all the features.
Cognac Ferrand is the result of the encounter in 1989 between Alexandre Gabriel and one of the oldest winegrowing families in the Cognac region. Alexandre Gabriel’s intention was to breathe new life into Cognac Ferrand and make it the world’s best cognac. He wanted to maintain age-old,...
Buy Maison Ferrand Spirits:
Highlighted review about Gin Citadelle
Posted on 22/05/19 at 20.08
More reviews about Gin Citadelle
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- Citadelle Gin is made according to principles laid down in the original recipe. Although the production techniques have improved over the centuries, we still use the same 19 botanicals listed in the original recipe.
- Citadelle Gin is the only gin in the world made with 19 different botanicals, giving the gin a unique, complex, well-balanced flavour. The secret recipe is known only by the master distiller. In keeping with the traditions of the first European trading captains of the 17th century, only the finest spices are used. This unrivalled variety of spices comes from many distant and diverse places: Juniper, France; Coriander, Morocco; Orange peel, Mexico; Cardamom, India; Liquorice, China; Cubeb pepper, Java; Savory, France; Fennel, Mediterranean; Iris, Italy; Cinnamon, Sri Lanka; Violets, France; Almonds, Spain; Cassia, Indochina; Angelica, Germany; Grains of paradise, West Africa; Cumin, Holland; Nutmeg, India, Lemon rind, Spain, Star anise, France.
- Citadelle gin is triple-distilled from wheat and spring water. Before being steeped in neutral alcohol, the botanicals are carefully selected and then placed in a specific bag. This infusion is then distilled to capture each separate aroma, so that the intermingled, complex flavours can develop independently.
Posted on 22/06/16 at 16.46
Jo from Hull
Posted on 29/08/14 at 12.17