Thames Distillers (Gin)
Product not available in United States
£16.88 + £4.37 Shipping (24h - 3 days)
Shipping: Topdrinks (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.25 points for each unit bought
Delivery time is estimated:
- This product has an additional expedition time of 24 hours.
The Fifty Pounds was launched in 2010 and quickly became a reference among London Dry Gins. The recipe comprises 11 botanicals, eight of which are known: juniper, coriander, angelica, liquorice, grains of paradise, orange rind, lemon and a special mention for savoury whose popularity is steadily growing in the London gin scene. The last three ingredients remain secret.
The Fifty Pounds 's bottle design also deserves an explanation. Indeed, they are a tribute to the first gin bottles produced back to the 18th century. Moreover, each one of them as a unique batch number which guarantees a unique bottle for a unique experience.
Technical sheet · Fifty Pounds
|Volume:||70cl Other volumes|
2014 - Double Gold Medal: The Fifty Best Awards
2013 - Double Gold Medal: San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2014 - Silver Medal: San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2010 - Silver Medal: San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2010 - Silver Medal: International Spirit Challenge
2010 - Bronze Medal: International Wine & Spirit Competition
|Type Of Gin:||London Dry|
If you liked Fifty Pounds, you may also enjoy...
Description · Thames Distillers
- Colour: Fifty Pounds is crystal clear.
- Aroma: A classic and crisp gin bouquet of juniper and coriander, with notes of zesty citrus and woody spice.
- Taste: Clean, balanced, complex, and smooth. Juniper with biscuit undertones is followed by notes of lemon sorbet, leading into earthy sage, pine, and spice. A lengthy and fresh finish has hints of both heat and violets.
PRODUCER: Thames Distillers, founded in London in 1996 by Charles Maxwell, an eighth generation Gin maker. The company has devised hundreds of gins, from small-scale expressions for particular bars to large international brands.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: Fifty Pounds is an homage to the rich gin history of London, from the wonderful and distinctive bottle to the award-winning contents. Crafted at a small, celebrated distillery with a long history and a gorgeous still manufactured by the legendary John Dore & Co Limited. The grain spirit is distilled four times before use for optimum purity. Angelica root from Western Europe. Coriander seeds from the Middle East. Grains of Paradise from the Gulf of Guinea. Juniper berries from Croatia. Liquorice powder from Italy. Orange and lemon peels from Spain. Savoury from France. These eight are known; three further botanicals remain a secret. Distilled in small batches, then triple-filtered for perfect smoothness, Fifty Pounds contains no added flavouring or colouring. The distiller selects only the ‘heart' of the distillate, in which taste and alcohol content are maximised. Each bottle displays an individual batch number and the year of distillation.
Buy Thames Distillers Spirits:
Highlighted review about Fifty Pounds
More reviews about Fifty Pounds
Posted on 28/08/18 at 07.21
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- Fifty Pounds Gin is produced by a highly respected, family-owned distillery located in the south-west of London, with...
Posted on 25/05/11 at 14.44
It not stand citrus and juniper and other gins, botanical does not stand above...
Posted on 28/08/18 at 14.41
- Color: Crystal.
- Smell: elegant aroma, wild herbs, notes of juniper, citrus.
- Mouth: Tasty, spicy, fine bitter notes.
PRODUCER: Fifty Pounds.
Posted on 04/12/15 at 12.55
- Color: transparent and clean.
- Flavour: elegant aroma, wild herbs, notes of juniper and citrus.
- Taste: soft on the palate, with good harmonization between...
Posted on 10/08/12 at 05.06
It is spotless
Posted on 15/04/18 at 04.01
Posted on 14/03/18 at 10.59