Bombay Spirits Co. (Gin)
Product not available in United States
£14.14 + £4.36 Shipping (24h - 3 days)
Shipping: Topdrinks (Spain)
£ You will receive 0.21 points for each unit bought
Delivery time is estimated:
- This product has an additional expedition time of 24 hours.
The flat-sided, sapphire-blue bottle that the world has come to know as love as Bombay Sapphire has only been around since 1986. The recipe for this world-famous gin was inspired by the secret recipe for Bombay Original, which can trace its roots all the way back to 1761.
To the juniper berries, coriander seeds, angelica root, almonds, lemon peel, cassia bark, orris root, and liquorice that are in the original recipe are added grains of paradise and cubeb berries. These additions help the already delicious original recipe go to the next level, crafting a gin that continues to win over palates even today. It helps that Bombay chooses to vapour infuse all of its botanicals into the neutral base spirit. Many producers choose to boil their botanicals, but Bombay believes that vapour infusion leads to a more delicate final product.
Even though the bottle is blue, the gin within is not. This remarkable product is a beautiful premium gin that sets itself apart from the rest thanks to its innovative botanical list and its steam infusion method. The flavour profile of this much-loved product allows it to get along well with any number of flavours, including fruit. With its reasonable price, there is no reason not to have a bottle of Bombay Sapphire on the ready for when the need for gin arises.
If you liked Bombay Sapphire, you may also enjoy...
Description · Bombay Spirits Co.
- Colour: Bombay Sapphire is a transparent spirit.
- Aroma: Bombay Sapphire shows sweet, floral and aromatic notes with dominant aromas of citrus, juniper and spices.
- Taste: The palate is light at first and then slowly turns oily, giving out spicy and earthy flavour notes. The finish is sweet and lingering, followed by aromas of juniper and peppery spices.
PRODUCER: Bombay Spirits at Laverstock Mill. This brand was first launched in 1986 by IDV, one of the leading wine-merchants of England. In 1997 it was sold to Bacardi. The name originates from the fact that gin was one of the most popular spirits in India during the British Raj. Sapphire on the other hand refers to the violet-blue Star of Bombay, mined from Sri Lanka and currently being displayed at the Smithsonian Institution.
COUNTRY: United Kingdom
PRODUCTION DETAILS: The gin is produced by a triple distillation process. During the distillation process, hand-selected botanicals are carefully layered in the copper baskets, to infuse the aroma and flavour. This method makes sure more of the delicate floral aromas and flavours are embedded in the spirit. The botanicals used during the production of this gin are: Juniper berries, Lemon peel, Coriander, Angelica root, Orris, Grains of Paradise, Cubeb Berries, Cassia Bark, Almonds and Liquorice.
Bombay Spirits Co.
The story of Bombay Spirits Co. reads itself like a travel journal, running down from "the vibrant souks in Marrakesh to the vastness of the Sahara desert", where the company seeks out the coriander seeds. From Marrocco over West Africa we pass on the Indonesian island, Java, where Bombay Spirits...
Buy Bombay Spirits Co. Spirits:
Highlighted review about Bombay Sapphire
More reviews about Bombay Sapphire
Posted on 13/06/19 at 08.33
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- Unlike other gins which boil their...
Posted on 26/08/15 at 16.27
- Color: Crystal.
- Flavour: powerful aroma, complex, character, citrus, spirits, herbs, juniper notes, balsamic.
- Taste: powerful, round, elegant, spicy mouth....
Posted on 27/07/15 at 11.22
- Colour: clear.
- Flavour: aroma of juniper and spices, dominated by citrus.
- Taste: soft, light and fresh, especially very balanced, slightly sweet and peppery...
Posted on 31/12/14 at 05.31
It is spotless
Posted on 17/12/13 at 18.44
- View: Bombay Sappire is colourless.
- Nose: The Gin obtained is crisp and light, highlighting the aroma of the same lemon and black pepper over other botanicals. The result is a...
Posted on 17/12/13 at 18.34
- View: Bombay Sapphire - T.R. is colourless.
- Nose: The Gin obtained is crisp and light, highlighting the aroma of the same lemon and black pepper over other botanicals. The result...
Posted on 10/12/13 at 05.59