Trends:

Franciacorta

Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012

75cl

£24.19 (Approximate price)

Technical sheet

Type Of Wine: sparkling wine
Vintage: 2012 Other vintages
2014 and 2011
Appellation:Franciacorta (Lombardy, Italy)
Winery: Ferghettina
Volume: 75cl
Grapes: Chardonnay (80%), Pinot Nero (20%)
Allergens: Contains Sulfites
Alcohol Vol.: 12.5%
Type Of Sparkling: Extra Brut
Ferghettina elaborates this Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012 , a sparkling wine from Franciacorta based on pinot nero and chardonnay of 2012 and has an alcohol content of 12.5%. According to Drinks&Co users, this sparkling wine earns 4 out of 5 points.

Elaboration of Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012

Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012 (Chardonnay and Pinot Nero)

Producer: Ferghettina

Appellation: Franciacorta

Grapes: Chardonnay and Pinot Nero

See more

Reviews of Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012

4

3 customer reviews
  • 5
    0
  • 4
    3
  • 3
    0
  • 2
    0
  • 1
    0
Your rating for Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012:Rate Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 2012:

4 /5

Franciacorta Extra Brut Ferghettina comes from the hills of Franciacorta, in vineyards situated on limestone-clayey soils at a height of 250 meters s. L. m. It is produced predominantly from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes, harvested only by hand in mid-August. The wine is made separately, vineyard by vineyard: a soft pressing of the grapes, followed by fermentation of the flower must only in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 16-18ºC. It is then assembled the cuvée, initiated the capture of bottled foam, which ends with a refinement 72 months on its lees. The Franciacorta Brut Extra Ferghettina appears in the glass of deep golden yellow. The nose exhibits notes of almond and vanilla, enriched with candied fruit nuances. The flavor is delicate and persistent, characterized by an excellent balance. Ideal as an aperitif, it is excellent with soups and with all the dishes based on seafood.
View more
,

4 /5

The Franciacorta DOCG Brut Extra is one of the most respected sparkling wines Ferghettina. The winery is located in the hills of Franciacorta: the rich soil of this triangle of land between Lake Iseo lake and the Alps, mainly composed of limestone, clay and stones, has favored the emergence of an intense wine business. The Franciacorta DOCG Brut Extra Ferghettina is produced right in between these hills, from Chardonnay and 95% Pinot Noir for the remaining 5%. The harvest of these grapes is done manually around mid-August; transferred in the cellar, the grapes are lightly pressed, then the wort is transferred into stainless steel tanks for the alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature. Aging, however, is spent on the lees for about 30 months, a very long time, in which the wine is aged and is enriched by smell and taste very unique flavors. The grapes of each vineyard undergoes a separate winemaking process; only at the end the best wines are blended to create a delicious and precious Cuvée Extra Brut Franciacorta DOCG. The end result is a refined sparkling wine, elegant, with a very fine perlage and a notable structure. The finish is intense and persistent, with toasted notes of dried fruit, very pleasing. Highly recommended!
View more
,

4 /5

The aging of six years in contact with the yeast gives the Franciacorta Extra Brut important notes of complexity combined with a good style.
View more
,

Ferghettina Franciacorta Extrabrut 2012

Reviews of other vintages of Ferghettina Franciacorta Extra Brut 201220142011

4/5

Franciacorta Extra Brut is part of the company's reserves and for its production we choose grapes from the oldest vineyards, assembling bunches from 12 vineyards located in 6 municipalities of Franciacorta.
View more

4/5

The aging of six years in contact with the yeast gives the Franciacorta Extra Brut important notes of complexity combined with a good style.
View more
Ferghettina Franciacorta Extrabrut 2011

Other products from the winery