Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2017

Cottanera (Etna)

RP92GR3

£22.78 + £17.43 Shipping (4 - 7 days)

£91.11 + £17.43 Shipping (4 - 7 days)

£91.11 + £17.43 Shipping (4 - 7 days)

£22.78/unit

Shipping: Xtrawine UK (Italy)

£ You will receive 0.35 points for each unit bought

Cottanera elaborates this Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2017 (£22.78), a white wine from Etna vinified with carricante from 2017 and has an alcohol content of 12.5%. The Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2017 is the ideal white to combine with semi-cured cheese and lobster. According to Drinks&Co users, this white wine earns 4 out of 5 points while experts give the following rate: robert parker: 92.

Technical sheet · Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara

Type Of Wine: white wine
Vintage: 2017 Other vintages
2016, 2015 and 2014
Appellation:Etna (Sicily,Italy)
Winery: Cottanera
Volume: 75cl
Score: RP92GR3
Grapes: Carricante (100%)
Pairing: MeatFishPastaSeafoodStartersCheeseWhite meatPrawnsLobsterSemi-cured cheese
Allergens: Contains Sulfites
Alcohol Vol.: 12.5%
Consumption Temp.: 8-10ºC
See more »

Description · Cottanera

Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2017 (Carricante)

TASTING NOTES:

  • View: Straw yellow with golden reflections.
  • Nose: Elegant and mineral; aromas of orange blossom, elderberry, chamomile, bergamot, honey, sage, oregano, white peach and plum.
  • Mouth: Soft, fresh and balanced; sinuous, sapid and mineral body; citrus notes; rich ending.

NAME OF ORIGIN: Etna

VINEYARD: Cottanera

GRAPES: 100% Carricante.

AGING: 40% of the mass refines 12 months on wooden yeasts; the remaining part is refined in cement.

PREPARATION: Cold maceration for about 24 hours; static defecation; 40% of the mass ferments in French oak tonneaux, while the remaining part ferments in cement tanks.

PAIRING: Fish appetizers, smoked salmon, steamed fish, grilled fish, shellfish, seafood, stewed white meat, pasta with vegetable sauce.

SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10ºC

ALCOHOL: 12.5%

Cottanera

Buy Cottanera Wine:

Reviews

Highlighted review about Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2017

Xtrawine

Posted on at 05.10

4/5

Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2017

The Contrada Calderara, a white Etna DOC decidedly sublime. La Cantina Cottanera decided to enhance the expressive uniqueness of its vineyards through a challenging project that manages to translate into wine the voice of the earth of his five districts.
The result is an expressive and solar Carricante, with the vivacity of citrus and floral notes of broom flowers and lemon, crossed by a savory vein iodine shades from almost electric capers and Mediterranean herbs.

Summary of ratings

(1 reviews)
  • 5 stars
    0
  • 4 stars
    1
  • 3 stars
    0
  • 2 stars
    0
  • 1 star
    0
Your rating:
Drinks&Co's rating:

4/5

Based on 1 comments »

Reviews about other vintages

Reviews about Cottanera Etna Bianco Contrada Calderara 2016

Vinopuro
Vinopuro

4/5

Etna Bianco DOC Contrada Calderara is a white wine signed by Cottanera cellar, an important productive reality of the area surrounding the Sicilian volcano. Obtained from the vinification of grapes of a native variety, Carricante, this wine faithfully chronicles this unique area. The vines cultivated by the company, which can boast an age of nearly 50 years, are located on a volcanic soil and is placed at an altitude of approximately 750 meters. The production process reflects the attention to the enhancement of the raw material as a result of the pressing, the must is cold-macerated for a day. The fermentation is carried out for 40% in French oak barrels, while the remaining 60% in concrete tanks. The same distinction will be maintained in the refining phase, which takes place on the skins purposes for about a year. Etna Bianco DOC Contrada Calderara is an elegant wine, perfect to be drunk young, but that may well evolve if it is left up to a maximum of 4-5 years in the cellar.

Top Sales Etna