Discover More About Our Products
Ktima Gerovassiliou winery is the brainchild of Vangelis Gerovassiliou. In 1981, he started reviving the family vineyard extending over 2.5 hectares in the Papamola region of Epanomi, approximately 25 km southeast of Thessaloniki. In this unique ecosystem he planted mainly Greek, but also foreign grape varieties.
Ktima Gerovassiliou is a single private vineyard stretching over 72 hectares. The climate in the region of Epanomi is Mediterranean with mild winters and hot summers, tempered by sea breezes.
Domaine Gerovassiliou Malagousia 2020 is a white wine entirely produced from the Greek grape variety of Malagousia, which was saved from extinction due to the efforts of Vangelis Gerovassiliou.
This Malagousia is a fruity and well-balanced white wine which pairs well with seafood, chicken, pasta dishes with light sauces, fresh vegetable salads and Mediterranean and Asian cuisine.
Description of Domaine Gerovassiliou Malagousia 2020
Domaine Gerovassiliou Malagousia 2020 (Malagousia)
- View: Brilliant straw colour with greenish shades
- Nose: Aroma of matured fruit such as pear, mango and citrus.
- Mouth: On the palate the rich flavours of lemon peel enhance the appealing mouthfeel, adding a well-balanced finish.
VINEYARD: Ktima Gerovassiliou
GRAPES: 100% Malagousia
PREPARATION AND AGEING: Following skin contact in cold, vinification is carried out in stainless steel tanks at 18 °C, while some is vinified in French oak barrels. The wine is left with its lees for a number of months to gain structure and body.
PAIRING: Seafood, chicken, pasta dishes with light sauces, fresh vegetable salads and Mediterranean and Asian cuisine.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: Best served at 8-10 °C.
How to serve
Reviews of Domaine Gerovassiliou Malagousia 2020
- Further to skin contact to enhance the extraction of aromas, it is partially barrel-fermented and then matures on its lees for a few months, gaining depth in flavour and floral aromas.
- It has a brilliant straw colour with greenish shades and an aroma of matured fruit such as pear, mango and citrus.
- On the palate the rich flavours of lemon peel enhance the appealing mouthfeel, adding a well-balanced finish. Best served at 8-10 degrees centigrade.
- Food pairing: a perfect match for Mediterranean dishes, seafood, poultry, light-sauced pasta dishes and fresh vegetable salads.