The Finca Espolla is a red wine from Empordà produced by Castillo de Perelada that contains cabernet sauvignon, syrah, samsó, monastrell and garnacha grapes. 3,5 of 5 points is the average score of this red according to Drinks&Co users.
“TASTING NOTES:View: ruby red robe, purple trim.Nose: red fruits with balsamic notes and minerals.Mouth: Intense, elegant, balanced, round and expressive.APPELLATION: Empordà.VINEYARD: Name: Espolla (black slate). Farm in the foothills of the Pyrenees, in the area known as Les Alberes, with high density, 6,200 vines per hectare. Slaty and acid soil, of a black character.GRAPES: 65% Syrah, 35% Monastrell.AGEING: 18 months in new French oak Bordelaise Allier. The rest of aging in bottle.PREPARATION: selected and hand-picked grapes. Vinification in vats. long maceration. Controlled fermentation at 25 °C.PAIRING: Red meats and strong cheeses.TEMPERATURE: 16 °CALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.6%”
“TASTING NOTES OF Finca Espolla 2011:
- View: ruby red, purple trim, marked visibly colored tear.
- Nose: remarkably complex: sweet fruit, spicy, candy, coffee, a subtle lactic point.
- Mouth: powerful but round, with good acidity and a long nerve.
Designation of Origin: Empordà.
VINEYARD: Castillo de Perelada
GRAPES: Monastrell, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Grenache.
PAIRING: stew, grilled red meats, game birds, civet, roast lamb, vegetables, cheeses, mushrooms.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%”
- Colour: Espolla 2009 Perelada Finca Castillo is a ruby red robe.
- Nose: Intense with hints of balsamic, Mediterranean flowers, fruits and minerals.
- Palate: The palate is soft and round both persistent and expressive. The acidity gives it a crisp and refreshing. It is a wine with a strong personality of the land from which it comes.
Grapes: Monastrell (60%), Syrah (40%).
CELLAR: Castle Perelada”
“Red intense cherry colour and very high layer. Good notes of toffee. A wine with body.
With roast lamb fell rather mild.
We drank it in a trip with another couple.
It was a gift from a friend who had bought it here.
Too commercial for my taste.
Buying wine, champagne, beer and spirits online is easy at Drinks&Co: discover the best drinks from the best wineries and distilleries, and choose from the top wine and other beverages stores on the internet.