From Casa Ferreirinha (Douro), we received this Vinha Grande , a white wine that is based on tinta roriz, touriga nacional, tinta barroca and touriga franca grapes. Drinks&Co users evaluate this white wine with 4 out of 5 points.
“TASTING NOTES OF Vinha Grande 2011:
- View: intense ruby hue, violet hues.
- Nose: Intense aroma, predominance of ripe red fruits, presence of other scents such as cedar and snuff. A balanced harmony between fruit and oak.
- Mouth: full-bodied, very structured, lively, with a well-integrated acidity, tannins long, elegant finish.
GRAPES: 35% Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz 30%, 25% Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca 10%.
WINE PAIRING: traditional Portuguese cuisine, variety of meats, cheeses and pasta dishes.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
“TASTING NOTES OF Vinha Grande 2009:
- View: dark red ruby
- Nose: Intense aroma, notes of flowers, plums and strawberries
- Mouth: full-bodied, lively, long finish and elegant
APPELLATION: Douo (Portugal)
VINEYARD: Vinha Large
GRAPES: Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca
PAIRING: game meats, roasts
“Tasting Notes Vinha Large 1982:
- View: beautiful ruby red.
- Nose: aromas, intense, dominated by ripe red fruit (blackcurrant, cherry and blackberry), floral (violet), exotic wood (black suit) and spices (pepper and cinnamon).
- Mouth: Very balanced wine, the usual acidity of Douro wines. Intense and very characteristic profile, a persistent wine, with an elegant finish.
GRAPES: 35% Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca 30%, 20% Tinta Roriz and Tinta barroca 15%
PAIRING: Traditional Portuguese cuisine, a variety of meats, cheeses and pastas.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.7%”
Buying wine, champagne, beer and spirits online is easy at Drinks&Co: discover the best drinks from the best wineries and distilleries, and choose from the top wine and other beverages stores on the internet.