“TASTING NOTES OF Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional 2011:
- View: dark crimson.
- Nose: full of aromas of bergamot, dried fruit and wild cherries.
- Mouth: elegant, round, ripe tannins refined taste. Red, concentrated fruit, fresh finish.
GRAPES: 100% Touriga Nacional.
WINE PAIRING: light meat dishes, pork, tasty, hard cheeses from cow or sheep milk.
TEMPERATURE: at room temperature.
“- Vallado Red Touriga Nacional has a very concentratedflavour with balsamic oak notes, red fruit and violet aromas
- The taste issweet, roundwith matured and silky tannins, very balanced, with a long fresh finish
- Vinification: The grapes were vinified in the new winery in temperature controlled stainless steel vats, each holding a maximum of 4 tons of grapes, with manual remontage.
- Ageing: The wine underwent malolactic fermentation in their original storage stainless steel tanks and was then racked into 225 l French Oak barriques where it stayed for 16 months.
- Winemaker: Francisco Olazabal
- Prizes & Distinctions: "Wine Spectator" - February 2014 - 95 Points | "Wine Spectator" - January 2011 - 95 Points | "Robert Parker" - December 2010 - 92 Points | "Wine Spectator" - December 2009 - 94 Points | "International Wine Challenge" - May 2007 - Douro Trophy/ Medalha de Ouro | "Revista de Vinhos" - November 2009 / November 2010 - 1º Prize on Touriga Nacional Challenge.
- Varieties: 100% Touriga Nacional.