“Deep colour, with intense fresh black fruit notes and balsamic herbaceous aroma reminding the native Mediterranean flora we can find in the Region. Strong mineral character with a wet stone aroma, and stems notes, very rich and complex. In the palate, is wild with great complexity. Tannins are present but very well integrated and combined with a refreshing acidity. Very long after taste, great presence with a great ageing potential.”
“Tasting Notes: Redoma represents the Douro as it is: wild with strong character. Dark colour, red and black macerated berries aromas, black plums notes, earthy and spice aromas along with an intense balsamic character, plenty of Douro. The palate is vibrant and very well defined with good tannic structure, the fruit is present but also with strong mineral character, powerful but with an appealing freshness, very long and persistent. Serving at: 16-18ºC. We recommend with: Spicy Food, Steak poivre, Red meet, wild. Spicy dishes, i.e. with Mushrooms; Indian Food.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Niepoort Redoma 2013:
- View: deep red and conentrado.
- Nose: aromas of red fruits and balsamic notes of plum and pink.
- Mouth: good mouthfeel, firm structure and compact with expressive tannins, excellent harmony between power and elegance, between fruit and acidity. A long and elegant finish, mineral.
GRAPES: Tinta Amarela, Touriga Franca, Rufete, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cao.
WINE PAIRING: spicy food, pepper steak, red meat, game, spicy, for example, with mushroom dishes.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%”
“TASTING NOTES OF Niepoort Redoma 2011:
- View: dark red.
- Nose: aromas of macerated red and black berries, plums, spices and earthy aromas, intense balsamic character.
- Mouth: Vibrant and well defined with good tannic structure, fruit present, a strong mineral, powerful but with an appealing freshness very long and persistent character.
GRAPES: Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela and Tinta Cao.
PAIRING: spicy food, pepper steak, red meat, spicy dishes with mushrooms, Indian food.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%”
Deep colour, with intense fresh black fruit notes and balsamic herbaceous aroma reminding the native Mediterranean flora we can find in the Region. Strong mineral character with a wet stone aroma, and stems notes, very rich and complex. In the palate, is wild with great complexity. Tannins are present but very well integrated and combined with a refreshing acidity. Very long after taste, great presence with a great ageing potential.
- Winemaker: Dirk Niepoort
- Winemaking: With Redoma we try, every year, to express what we consider the Douro character, the edgy tannins represent the wilderness and the steepness of the vineyards, the strong character results from the mountain hard viticulture the mineral notes express the schist's soils of the region, and the rich aroma, the sunny summer days in the Region. Redoma was the first Douro still wine produced by Niepoort in 1991, 21 years later, many things have changed in Douro but Redoma has kept its character. Produced from several north facing old vineyards over 60 years old, located in the Cima Corgo Region, the geographic center of the region, the blends in the different vineyards include Tinta Amarela, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão. 2010 was uncommonly wet during winter and early spring, with heavy rains during these months. As a consequence the yields were high and we had to deal with a strong disease pressure on the vineyard. The maturation period was very hot and dry, but fortunately, light rain in the first days of September helped, especially on the older and high altitude vineyards, contributing to a balanced maturation process. After a careful selection in the vineyards and winery, the grapes were fermented partially in stainless steel small vats with a long maceration and a small part in traditional stone lagares where the grapes were gently foot treaded. In some of the wines, 20% to 50% of stems were used in order to obtain a fresher character. 70% of the wine aged in French oak barrels, and 30% in old 2000 l oak vats where they have done malolactic fermentation.
- Grape Varieties: Tinta Amarela, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz.
- Food Pairing: Spicy food, steak poivre, red meet, wild. Vegetarian suggestions: spicy dishes i.e. With mushroom.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.”
“- Redoma White shows citrine colour and crystal clear anda fine and very precise aroma
- Has a strong mineral character which gives it freshness, along with stone fruit notes and orange zest
- The natural acidity makes the wine lighter and very elegant
- Rather long finish, with good citric notes
- It is foreseen a great ageing potential
- Grape Varieties: Rabigato, Códega, Donzelinho, Viosinho, Arinto and others.
- Alcohol Grade: 12,73%
- Tasting Notes: Citrine colour and crystal clear, Redoma shows a fine and very precise aroma. Has a strong mineral character which gives it freshness, along with stone fruit notes and orange zest. The wood toast is discrete and very well integrated. Good structure in the mouth, has volume and reveals a salty and mineral side, which is also characteristic in recent harvests. The natural acidity makes the wine lighter and very elegant. Rather long finish, with good citric notes. It is foreseen a great ageing potential.