“Attractive and intense colour. The Duas Quintas 375ml exudes aromas of violets.Powerful taste of wild berries.
This Duas Quintas 375ml does not need food to accompany.
Wine and friends always pairs very well.”
“Tasting Notes: Clear and bright, has an intense dark garnet color, with red tinges. Fresh and penetrating aroma, which dominate floral notes of violets and cistus, developing into mature fruits, plums and figs, with a slight hint of dark chocolate originated by wood. The palate has density, freshness and soft tannins, leading to a good end, with notes of red fruits such as cherries. Serving at: 18-20ºC. We recommend with: Excellent as an aperitif, this wine is very good to accompany daily meals, as well as lighter fare (soups, salads). We advise especially with dishes like feijoada, pork loin roast and grilled meats. It is ideal at the end of the meal with cheeses.”
“88 pts Wine Spectator - The pale-red rim around the glass is the only visible sign of maturity. The initially opaque core develops into a translucent dark red and finishes with an intense red at the bottom of the glass. Its aromatic characteristics are similar to that of the vintage due to the potency of its dominant and dense fruit, revealing incredibly ripe aromas of dried plum, fig, blackberry, raspberry and cherry. The attack is smooth and a full, balanced sensation of sweetness can be noted on the palate. Its ripe fruit is deliciously revealed to us, enhancing the most volatile and developed retro nasal aromas. Its persistence is noteworthy.”
“- Duas Quintas Red Reserve 2012 has an intense dark colour, garnet, almost opaque
- Distinct and deep orange blossom, tangerine, earth, spice and tobacco leaf aromas
- Concentrated taste, fine tannins and, especially, a very long finish
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional (60%), Tinta Barca (10%) e Touriga Franca (30%).
- Alcohol Grade: 14%
- Prizes & Awards: Gold Medal - Best Red Wine of the Year in Europe, Duas Quintas Reserva Red 2007, Mundus Vini International Wine Awards Competition, 2011, Germany | 95/100 - Duas Quintas Reserva Red 2011, Wine Spectator Magazine, 2014, USA | 92/100 - Duas Quintas Reserva Red 2008, Wine Enthusiast Magazine 2012, USA | 92/100 - Duas Quintas Reserva Red 2009, Wine Enthusiast Magazine 2012, USA.
- Tasting Notes: Duas Quintas Red Reserve 2012 has an intense dark colour, garnet, almost opaque. Distinct and deep orange blossom, tangerine, earth, spice and tobacco leaf aromas. Concentrated taste, fine tannins and, especially, a very long finish.
- Gastronomy: Rich and elaborate dishes: of game, stewed partridge, boar ragout. Ideal with roasted loin of veal, leg of roasted lamb with garlic and rosemary. Goes well with creamy sheep cheese, such as Azeitão, Torta des Casar and Roquefort.
- Consumption Suggestions: Drinking temperature between 16º and 18ºC. Store the bottle horizontally in a cool, dry place, away from light.
- Technical Details:
- Total Acidity: 5,1 g/l
- pH: 3,65
“The best one to enjoy it with a good "Serrano ham". That red is perfect for special occasions.
Violet red colour of a young wine. Combination of red fruit aromas and green pepper. The taste was a bit salty, I was greatly surprised.”