Duas Quintas 201675cl
Duas Quintas 2016
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Douro (Porto and Douro, Portugal)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Sousao, Tinta Amarela, Tinto Cão, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz|
Description of Duas Quintas 2016
Duas Quintas 2016 (Sousao, Tinta Amarela, Tinto Cão, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional and Tinta Roriz)
- View: bright, dark, garnet red reflections.
- Nose: fresh, penetrating, flowers, ripe fruit, plums, figs and black chocolate.
- Mouth: Dense, cool, silky tannins and a pleasant finish.
VINEYARD: Name: Quinta de Ervamoira and Quinta dos Bons Ares. Stony granitic soils.
GRAPES: Touriga franca, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Nacional.
AGEING: Aged for 13 and 18 months in French oak barrels.
PAIRING: soups, beans and smoked meats.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
Founded by Adriano Ramos Pinto in 1880, Casa Ramos Pinto rapidly became noted, at the time, for its innovative and enterprising strategy. Associated with quality bottled wines, it began operating on the Brazilian market in the early 20th century and quickly became responsible for half of the wine exported to South America, whilst it was still conquering generations of loyal customers in Portugal and Europe. These were the natural results of a forward thinking strategy, based on the modernisation of selection, batching and ageing circuits, the continuous wine research and the special care which Adriano Ramos Pinto devoted to the packaging and promotion of his wines.More about the Winery
Reviews of Duas Quintas 2016
Duas Quintas 2015 is powerful, I like it.
- View: Ramos Pinto Duas Quintas 2012 has a bright purple color.
- Nose: The nose is dominated by ripe plum and delicate aromas of toast, snuff and chocolate.
- Mouth: On the palate, this red wine from Portugal reveals a density of polynuclear fruit with a smoky richness, and sustained and balanced flavor.
PAIRING: for savory snacks, well seasoned wild fowl, lamb stew and matured hard cheeses.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional and Tinta Barocca
CELLAR: Ramos Pinto
A really tasteful wine of red ruby colour . This red wine has a chestnut background. Strong coffee flavour.