Ramos Pinto (Douro)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£10.92 + £8.24 Shipping (24h - 4 days)
Shipping: Portugal Wine Castes (Portugal)
£ You will receive 0.17 points for each unit bought
Only 6 units left!
Technical sheet · Duas Quintas
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2014 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Douro (Porto and Douro,Portugal)|
|Grapes:||Touriga Francesa (40%), Tinta Roriz (40%), Touriga Nacional (20%)|
If you liked Duas Quintas 2014, you may also enjoy...
Description · Ramos Pinto
Duas Quintas 2014 (Touriga Francesa, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Nacional)
TASTING NOTES OF Duas Quintas 2014:
- View: ruby red of medium intensity.
- Nose: nose pleasantly full of floral notes, berries and delicate mineral sensations and some spices.
- Mouth: balanced wine, fresh, fruity and very soft tannins, an interesting structure and a medium finish, in terms of length and persistence.
VINEYARD: Ramos Pinto
GRAPES: Tinta Roriz, Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca.
Founded by Adriano Ramos Pinto in 1880, Casa Ramos Pinto rapidly became noted, at the time, for its innovative and enterprising strategy. Associated with quality bottled wines, it began operating on the Brazilian market in the early 20th century and quickly became responsible for half of the wine...
Buy Ramos Pinto Wine:
Highlighted review about Duas Quintas 2014
Posted on 21/11/17 at 11.00
Duas Quintas 2014
More reviews about Duas Quintas 2014
Posted on 26/06/17 at 12.40
- It has an expressive, vinous aroma, pronounced with spices and tobacco leaf, sweet peach and orange blossom notes. Its presence is felt in the mouth, with fine tannins and body
- The grapes are crushed and the stalks moved for fermentation in lagares and in stainless steel vats, where maceration is prolonged for the time needed to obtain a wine with the desired body and structure
- 20% of the wine is aged in French oak casks, 30% in barrels and the remainder in stainless steel vats for 13 months
Posted on 31/03/17 at 13.42
- Palate: Fresh, dense fruit filling, well-integrated tannins, persistent and complex
- The wines matured to 20% for 12 months in French oak barrels
- Allergens: contains sulfites
Posted on 22/12/16 at 05.02
TIME to taste it: dinner with friends
CONSUMPTION IDEAL: 2016/2030
TEMPERATURE: 16/18 ° C
PAIRING: land kitchen
GRAPES: 43% Touriga Nacional, Touriga franca 37%, roriz hue and another 20%
OF TANNIC RATING: 9/10
Posted on 05/07/16 at 10.49
Posted on 13/04/16 at 05.04
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Clear and bright, it has an intense, dark garnet colour with red reflections. A fresh and penetrating aroma where floral and ploughtail scents dominate and are subsequently replaced by ripe fruit, plum and fig aromas with light undertones of dark chocolate. In the mouth, the wine is dense and fresh, with silky tannins that leave a good finish, with hints of red fruits such as cherries.
- Winemaker: João Nicolau de Almeida
- Winemaking: The grapes are harvested by hand in 150 kilo boxes, crushed and de-stemmed, and then fermented in stainless steel vats where the temperature never exceeded 25 degrees. The grapes macerated for the period of time needed to obtain a wine with the desired body and structure. After the malolactic fermentation in vats, 25% of the wine aged in French oak casks for 12 months and the remaining aged in stainless steel vats. The wine was bottled 18 months later.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Sousão, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela.
- Food Pairing: An excellent choice as an aperitif, this wine is a good choice to serve with daily meals and light dishes (soups, salads...). We specially recommend that Duas Quintas Red Wine 2010 be served with Portuguese Feijoada or grilled/barbecued meats. It is ideal at the end of the meal, served with hard cheeses.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve between 16º and 18º C. Store the bottle on its side in a cool, dry place away from light.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Duas Quintas 2015
Duas Quintas 2015 is powerful, I like it.
Reviews about Duas Quintas 2012
- View: Ramos Pinto Duas Quintas 2012 has a bright purple color.
- Nose: The nose is dominated by ripe plum and delicate aromas of toast, snuff and chocolate.
- Mouth: On the palate, this red wine from Portugal reveals a density of polynuclear fruit with a smoky richness, and sustained and balanced flavor.
PAIRING: for savory snacks, well seasoned wild fowl, lamb stew and matured hard cheeses.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional and Tinta Barocca
CELLAR: Ramos Pinto
Reviews about Duas Quintas 2011
Ramos Pinto Duas Quintas 2011
A really tasteful wine of red ruby colour . This red wine has a chestnut background. Strong coffee flavour.
Reviews about Duas Quintas 2008
The colour was rather dark red. Sensual aromas of chocolate. Fleshy. Chocolate coulant taste.
The Ramos Pinto should be enjoyed after the meal.