Dow's Port produces this Dow's LBV , a fortified wine from the region of Douro from the touriga nacional, tinta barroca and touriga franca grapes. The Dow's LBV is the ideal fortified to combine with cheese and desserts. At Drinks&Co, this fortified wine scores an average rate of 4 of 5 points.
“TASTING NOTES OF Dow's Late Bottled Vintage 2011:
- View: dark red.
- Nose: very intense, concentrated aromas of ripe fruits like cassis, with pumpkin and spices.
- Mouth: powerful, full body, cool and well structured, black berries and hints of chocolate. A long and slightly dry finish.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Cao and Tinta Roriz.
AGEING: 72 months in oak barrels.
PAIRING: cheese, nuts or black chocolate.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 20%”
“TASTING NOTES OF Dow's Late Bottled Vintage 2008:
- View: Deep ruby.
- Nose: intense aromas of dark berries, floral notes and spices.
- Mouth: rich, full-bodied, perfectly balanced, smooth tannins and spicy, perfect symmetry and acidity on the palate.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz.
PAIRING: blue cheese, cheddar cheese, Stilton, dark chocolate desserts, creme brulee, a variety of nuts.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 20%”
- View: Dow's Late Bottled Vintage 2007 has a deep ruby red
- Nose: Very intense, full of concentrated flavors of ripe fruits like cassis nose, combined with thickets and hot spices.
- Mouth: On the palate, powerful and full-bodied, fresh and well structured, full of black fruit flavors and notes of chocolate. With a final long and slightly dry.
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca
WINERY: Symington Family Estates”
“TASTING NOTES:View: Given this delicious porto is dark and intense red color.Nose: On the nose this delicious wine with aromas perceived fig, blackberry and spice on the nose.Mouth: In the mouth flavors of fig, blackberries, kirsch, brown sugar, pepper and anise are distinguished. warm finish fig, kirsch, brown sugar and anise.APPELLATION: Porto, Portugal.VINEYARD: Dow's.GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz.AGEING: This wine is aged and matured for long periods in oak casks cured.PREPARATION: The vids are collected manually. Once in the winery, the grapes are pressed by a slow process and the cold, then comes the fermentation in oak cured.WINE PAIRING: Delicious with various cheeses, nuts or black chocolate. It can also be eaten alone.RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 16-18 ° CALCOHOL: 20%”