Azul Portugal Douro Reserva 2015

Azul Portugal (Douro)

Product not available in United States

£6.43 + £3.60 Shipping (5 - 10 days)

£6.43/unit

Shipping: Portugal Vineyards (Portugal)

£ You will receive 0.1 points for each unit bought

View more prices »

Azul Portugal produces this Azul Portugal Douro Reserva 2015 (£6.43), a red wine from the region of Douro that is based on 2015 tinta roriz, touriga nacional and touriga franca and has an alcoholic content of 14%. Drinks&Co users reviewed this red wine with 4 of 5 points.

Technical sheet · Azul Portugal Douro Reserva

Type Of Wine: red wine
Vintage: 2015 Other vintages
2014 and 2012
Appellation:Douro (Porto and Douro,Portugal)
Winery: Azul Portugal
Volume: 75cl
Grapes: Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz
Allergens: Contains Sulfites
Alcohol Vol.: 14%

Description · Azul Portugal

Azul Portugal Douro Reserva 2015 (Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional and Tinta Roriz)

TASTING NOTES:

  • View: A sinfully ruby red.
  • Nose: An oaky, spicy scent immediately hits your nose with its aromatically floral concentration. Red fruit and vanilla are tangible aromas that add complexity when lightly stirred.
  • Mouth: Ripe red fruits and toasted spices add to the wine's complexity and elegance. A smooth, fruity finish with tannin adds structure to this devilish red. The flavour balances out well as the acidity level remains at a reasonable number. A long-lasting finish that dares you to continue your enjoyment of the bottle.

APPELLATION: Douro

VINEYARD: Azul Portugal, from the famed Douro region of Portugal. A UNESO World Heritage site, Douro is known for its historical production of port wines. Azul Portugal gathers the top quality wines from the various regions of Portugal and puts them under one name. Ideal for wine enthusiasts of any age. This particular bottle comes from the wine producers, Lua Cheia em Vinhas Velhas.

GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz.

AGEING: This Portuguese wine offers a unique aging process. 70% of the bottle is aged for 10 months in French oak barrels while the other 30% is aged in stainless steel tanks.

PREPARATION: The grapes are hand plucked and crushed before undergoing fermentation at 34°C. Yeast is added and alcoholic fermentation comes under way at about 23°C.

PAIRING: For this wine, lightly savory flavors will accentuate the palate. Mediterranean dishes and homemade pasta with red sauce and seafood will delight your senses. Dark chocolate and strawberries will make an elegant dessert to finish off the night.

RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18-20°C.

ALCOHOL: 13.5%

Azul Portugal

Buy Azul Portugal Wine:

Reviews

Highlighted review about Azul Portugal Douro Reserva 2015

Posted on at 15.30

4/5

Azul Portugal Douro Reserva 2015

Dark Ruby colour. Ripe blackberries, notes of oak and vanilla. Rich and full-bodied wine very smooth on the palate. Well integrated tannins with dark berries and spices. A long lingering finish.
read complete

Summary of ratings

(1 reviews)
  • 5 stars
    0
  • 4 stars
    1
  • 3 stars
    0
  • 2 stars
    0
  • 1 star
    0
Your rating:
Drinks&Co's rating:

4/5

Based on 1 comments »

Reviews about other vintages

Reviews about Azul Portugal Douro Reserva 2012

Portugal Vineyards
Portugal Vineyards

4/5

TASTING NOTES:
Dark Ruby colour. Ripe blackberries, notes of oak and vanilla. Rich and full-bodied wine very smooth on the palate. Well integrated tannins with dark berries and spices. A long...
read complete

Top Sales Douro