Sogrape Vinhos (Dao)
£13.66 (Approximate price)
It is not possible to buy Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2012 right now.
You may also be interested in...
Description · Sogrape Vinhos
Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2012 (Touriga Nacional)
TASTING NOTES OF Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2012:
- View: ruby red.
- Nose: intense wine, delicate aromas. The notes of ripe black and red fruit, floral touches and bush, with fresh hues.
- Mouth: elegant and balanced, with soft tannins, good structure and strength to the wine, good correspondence with the aromas of the nose in the end.
VINEYARD: Sogrape Vinhos
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional.
PAIRING: meats and cheese.
TEMPERATURE: 15-17 °C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
Sogrape Vinhos was born of the will and courage of a group of friends. In the difficult economic and political environment of 1942, they decided to stake everything on the visionary talents of one man. Today, led by the third generation of the founding family, Sogrape Vinhos is ever more closely...
Buy Sogrape Vinhos Wine:
Highlighted review about Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2012
Posted on 26/11/15 at 04.53
Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2012
More reviews about Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2012
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
It is intensely red in colour. It has a generous bouquet which includes red fruits and floral notes, especially violet, so typical of this variety, freshened by warm spicy hints and underpinned by harmonious, integrated oak notes. Its palate has a surprisingly fresh attack and shows a fine acidity, with well-rounded but lively tannins, that culminates in a well-balanced and elegant finish.
- Winemaker: Manuel Vieira
- Winemaking: Harvested by plot into 20 kg crates and selected on arrival at the winery, the Touriga Nacional grapes were directly off-loaded into the de-stemmer-crusher. The grape juice gravity fed into small stainless steel tanks, equipped with automatic pumping-over, where alcoholic fermentation took place for about a week, at an average temperature of about 28ºC. They remained in post-fermentation maceration for another 20 days. Malolactic fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks, followed by a 12-month maturation in new, French oak, fine-grain barrels from 8 French cooperages. Throughout the maturing process numerous tastings were performed in order to monitor the wine's evolution after which the blend was prepared, fined, filtered and bottled.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional.
- Food Pairing: Ideal with meat, game and various types of buttery cheese.
- Store and Serve Advices: As with all good Dão reds this wine has a long shelf-life and it remains in optimum drinking condition for over 10 years. The bottle should be kept horizontally in a dry and cool place. After ageing in the bottle it is natural for deposit to occur, and decanting is therefore recommended. Serve at between 16ºC-18ºC. Once open, it should be drunk on the same day, although it will remain in good condition for some time provided the bottle is well corked.
Posted on 12/06/15 at 05.03
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2000
Summarizing, good red.
Reviews about Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 1996
A red Bordeaux Touriga Nacional. It has currant scents. I liked the Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional, although it tasted a bit rough.
Reviews about Quinta dos Carvalhais Touriga Nacional 2015