Caves São João (Dao)
Product not available in United Kingdom
£4.05 + £3.48 Shipping (5 - 10 days)
Shipping: Portugal Vineyards (Portugal)
£ You will receive 0.06 points for each unit bought
If you liked Porta de Cavaleiros Branco 2014, you may also enjoy...
Description · Caves São João
Porta de Cavaleiros Branco 2014 (Bical, Encruzado and Malvasia Fina)
TASTING NOTES OF Porta de Cavaleiros Branco 2014:
- View: pale lemon.
- Nose: fruity aroma, floral, pineapple and orange blossom.
- Mouth: soft attack, moderate and well balanced acidity on the palate, good aromatic sensations in the end.
VINES: Caves São João
GRAPES: Encruzado, Malvasia Fina, Bical.
PAIRING: seafood, fresh grilled white meats and fish as an appetizer.
TEMPERATURE: 10-12 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.2%
Caves São João
Caves Sao Joao was begun in 1920 as a Port house. When the laws changed, restricting the geography from which Port could be made, the Costa family decided to make sparkling wine, and quickly established themselves as the preeminent producer of bubbles in Portugal. As time went on, they eventually...
Buy Caves São João Wine:
Highlighted review about Porta de Cavaleiros Branco 2014
Posted on 09/01/17 at 14.32
Porta de Cavaleiros Branco 2014
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Porta de Cavaleiros Branco 2012
Very pale citrine colour. Fruity and floral aroma making us remind citrus, pineapple and orange flower. Soft attack, moderate acidity and well balanced in the palate. It confirms in the mouth the aromatic sensations from the aromas. Medium persistence in the end.
- Winemaker: José Carvalheira
- Winemaking: The grapes were manually harvested and fermented under controlled temperature for 14 days in stainless steel vats.
- Grape Varieties: Encruzado, Malvasia Fina, Bical.
- Food Pairing: Good with seafood, grilled fresh fish, white meats and as an aperitif.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serving at a temperature from 10-12°C.