Domaine Lafage Cote Rose Côtes Catalanes 201875cl
Domaine Lafage Cote Rose Côtes Catalanes 2019
Description of Domaine Lafage Cote Rose Côtes Catalanes 2018
Domaine Lafage Cote Rose Côtes Catalanes 2018 (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- View: extremely pale pink, purple and bright hues.
- Nose: surprised with the complexity and refinement of its aromas of crushed strawberries and sweet spices.
- Mouth: The palate is round, full of leaks, ends in a nice tension that reflects the quality of the terroir chosen to make this cuvée.
APPELLATION: DO Côtes du Roussillon.
VINEYARD: Bodegas Domaine Lafage.
GRAPES: 70% Grenache Gris and Black, 30% Mourvèdre.
AGEING: it takes place in the lees and ends with an enigma once a week. 10% of the mixture is fermented and aged in huts averages for 4 months.
PREPARATION: receipt selection of grapes, gentle pressing. Only the head of cuvée, the sizes are discarded, the juices are decanted into dishes and fermented naturally selected.
WINE PAIRING: fish, sushi and Thai food can also taste alone.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 7-8 ° C
For well over a decade we have worked with Jean-Marc Lafage at his estate in the Roussillon, and across the border in Spain where he consults on several projects. As good as his wines were, when we first met him, they only get better with each vintage. When we first made his acquaintance in Calatayud, he suggested we visit his estate in the Roussillon and the rest, as they say, is history.More about the Winery
Reviews of Domaine Lafage Cote Rose Côtes Catalanes 2018
- This wine is from the south of France and is made from a blend of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. It’s quite rich and full for a rosé from France (which are usually light and delicate) and has flavours and aromas of ripe strawberries and pears.
- Fresh and fuity, intense with notes of citrus, peach and honey.
- Full flavoured palate, crisp acid finish and long mineral aftertaste.
We had it while we waited for the meal, with appetizers.
I drank it alone.