Description of Groot Constantia Shiraz 2016
Groot Constantia Shiraz 2016 (Shiraz)
- View: deep cherry and light, very concentrated.
- Nose: floral aromas of violet and blackcurrant.
- Boca: blackcurrant, raspberry and plum, spice clove, black pepper and white pepper. soft tannins and a long end.
VINEYARD: Vineyards located in the steep valley on the eastern side of Table Mountain, blessed with a maritime climate due to the oceans and an average annual rainfall of about 1,100 mm per year, gravelly soil with low fertility.
AGEING: wine aged for 13 months in 33% new French oak barrels, 34% in barrels and 36% second passage in barrels third step.
PREPARATION: grapes harvested at 25 and post-fermentation fermented in certain blocks for open tanks, maceration.
PAIRING: lamb, duck confit, roast beef, meaty pasta dishes, roast lamb and mature cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.8%
How to serve
Reviews of Groot Constantia Shiraz 2016
- Well rounded tannins give an elegant long finish on the palate.
- This wine is ready for immediate consumption but has very good maturation potential.