Clos Apalta 2015
Lapostolle (Colchagua Valley)
£115.27 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£691.60 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£806.86 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
Shipping: TheDrinkShop UK
£ You will receive 1.77 points for each unit bought
Technical sheet · Clos Apalta
If you liked Clos Apalta 2015, you may also enjoy...
Description · Lapostolle
Clos Apalta 2015 (Syrah)
- View: bright garnet red.
- Nose: fruit, raspberry, blackberry, black cherry, red currant, fig, leather, licorice, lavender, stable, charcuterie, cinnamon.
- Mouth: The palate is high acidity, powerful, strong, intense and elegant tannins, spicy and long finish.
APPELLATION: Colchagua Valley.
GRAPES: Carmenère, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
AGEING: The wine was aged for twenty-four months before bottling without fining or filtration.
PREPARATION: The grapes were destemmed by hand, and the juice transferred to small French oak vats, where they were allowed native yeasts to ferment slowly. The new wine was racked directly to all French oak barrels where malolactic fermentation took place.
WINE PAIRING: Perfect to accompany red meat dishes and game meats.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10 ° C
Buy Lapostolle Wine:
Highlighted review about Clos Apalta 2015
Posted on 24/09/19 at 05.06
Clos Apalta 2015
- The palate shows great concentration and structure, as well as a long and vibrant finish.
- The grapes in this wine all come from premium sites in the Apalta vineyard in the Colchagua Valley. The Carmenere and Cabernet that form the majority of the blend are from pre-phylloxera vines planted in 1920. They grow on hillside colluvial granitic soils, lightly textured with layers of clay. Unusually for Chile, the Apalta vineyard is exposed north-south, and has a different mesoclimate from the rest of the Colchagua Valley. The fruit was hand-harvested at night into small baskets.
- Grapes were hand-destemmed, and the must transferred to small French oak vats, where native yeasts were allowed to ferment the it slowly. The new wine was racked directly into all new French oak barrels, where it underwent malolactic fermentation. The wine was aged for twenty-four months before bottling, without fining or filtration.
More reviews about Clos Apalta 2015
Posted on 10/02/20 at 12.24
Posted on 13/12/18 at 04.07
Lapostolle Clos Apalta 2015
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Clos Apalta 2014
Clos Apalta Chili 2014
I especially liked the colour. Notes of strawberry on the nose. On the palate was quite thick.