Adraga Explorações Vitivinícolas elaborates this Casal Santa Maria Pinot Noir , a red wine from Colares based on pinot noir. The Casal Santa Maria Pinot Noir is the ideal red to combine with camembert cheese and white meat. Drinks&Co users evaluate this red wine with 4 out of 5 points.
“TASTING NOTES:View: black cherry with ruby flashes.Nose: rich aroma with notes of strawberries, blackberries and currants.Mouth: complex taste with a bouquet of leather, spices, black truffles and hints of vanilla.APPELLATION: Lisbon, Portugal.VINEYARD: Jorge Rosa Santos & António Figueiredo.GRAPES: Pinot Noir.AGEING: 8 months in French oak barrels.PREPARATION: The grapes are hand picked and undergo a strict selection process in the vineyard and the winery. Fermentation was then performed in small stainless steel tanks with small perforations. Once the result obtained is left to breed in French oak barrels for 8 months.WINE PAIRING: Ideal companion duck breast with vegetable rice, rabbit, chestnut, vegetables and red cabbage rolls stuffed with minced meat and bechamel sauce.RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16- 18 ° CALCOHOL: 14%”
“TASTING NOTES OF Casal Santa Maria Pinot Noir 2014:
- View: black cherry.
- Nose: Rich nose, notes of blackberries, strawberries, black currants, leather, spices, black truffles and a touch of vanilla.
- Mouth: finesse and freshness, flavors of cherry, black currant, soft, compact and long tannins.
GRAPES: Pinot Noir.
PREPARATION: pre-fermentation maceration and fermentation in small open vats with daily manual lifts. Postferenciativa long maceration (Cuvaison).
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13%”
“Region: Colares / Sintra Solo: With various exhibitions. the vine develops in granitic soils (pink granite). coarse texture and the average pH of around neutrality. Climate: Due to the proximity of the sea. the climate is mild. It is the average winter temperatures rarely below 10 ° C. . and in summer above 25 ° C. The precipitation is distributed through the autumn. Winter and early spring prowling the annual 600 mm. The sea winds. sometimes intense. They are almost always present and ensure long, gentle ripening. Winemaking: Manual harvest. with careful selection of grapes in the vineyard and in the cellar. pre-fermentation maceration and fermentation in small open vats with daily manual pump. Long maceration pósfermentativa (Cuvaison). Stage in French oak barrels of 225L during 8 months.”
Black cherry colour. Rich nose, with notes of blackberries, strawberries and blackcurrants. Complex bouquet with leather, spices, black truffles and a hint of vanilla. Finesse and freshness first impression, with flavors of cherries and blackcurrants, soft tannins, compact and long.
- Winemaker: Jorge Rosas Santos
- Winemaking: The hand-picked grapes go through a tight selection process in the vineyard and winery. Fermentation is conducted in small (2.500 kg) open stainless steel tanks with daily punch-downs and 2 week Cuvaison. The ageing is in 225L French oak barrels for 8 months.
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir.
- Food Pairing: Portuguese natural cork.
- Store and Serve Advices: Should be drink around 18-20ºC. Has a potential of ageing in bottle until 2017.”
“The Casal Santa Maria Pinot Noir 2010 young wine I have found it on sale online.
Bright ruby red colour with reddish brown highlights. Highlight the aromas of tobacco. Very clear taste of raspberries.”