Selvapiana Chianti Rufina 201875cl
This product is not available in United Kingdom.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
Description of Selvapiana Chianti Rufina 2018
Selvapiana Chianti Rufina 2018 (Canaiolo, Colorino, Malvasia Nera and Sangiovese)
- View: The wine is ruby red with garnet glow.
- Nose: Notes of cherries with hints of red flowers and fine spices.
- Mouth: Fresh taste, vital but dissolved tannins. Good length. The finish is long and persistent.
APPELLATION: Chianti (Tuscany, Italy).
VINEYARD: Winery Selvapiana.
GRAPES: Canaiolo, Colorino and Malvasia Nera.
AGEING: Aging takes place in large French oak barrels of 25 and 30 hl.
PREPARATION: The alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel at 28-30 ° C (80 -82 ° F), with all natural yeasts. Fermentation and maceration last 25 days. Malolactic fermentation has place immediately after alcoholic.
WINE PAIRING: Combines well with pasta dishes, pizza, grilled lamb, salads, vegetables, meats, fish and stews.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 ° C
Reviews of Selvapiana Chianti Rufina 2018
- View: ruby red, violet hues.
- Nose: intense and persistent, with hints of berries and ripe red fruits.
- Mouth: tasty and full-bodied, with good balance.
GRAPES: Sangiovese 90%, Canaiolo, Colorino, Malvasia 5%
AGEING: 10 months in large French oak barrels.
PREPARATION: spontaneous fermentation in steel tanks at a controlled 28-30 °C with maceration in the skins for about 25 days temperature.
PAIRING: game, roasts and aged cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
The border colour was almost brown . Main smell of caramel. It tastes just like wine, as it has to be.
I drank before the main meal, with starters and snacks.