Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 200875cl
Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2008 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
Description of Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008
Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: light golden color.
- Nose: The nose has notes of nuts (almonds, figs and apricots), ripe white fruit (pears), and finally subtle notes of toasted hazelnut and praline.
- Mouth: the impact is strong and sharp. Gives a silky texture with young fruits, accompanied by notes of citrus and red fruit (cherry).
APPELLATION: Champagne.VINEYARD: Veuve Clicquot.GRAPES: 92% Pinot Noir, Chardonnay 8%.
AGEING: Ripening is performed on bottles at temperatures between 10 to 12 °C for at least 7 years.PREPARATION: The grapes are manually selected. natural yeasts are added to the clarified worts in stainless steel barrels at a constant temperature of 16 °C for eight to ten days. blind tasting and then malolactic fermentation is then carried out.
PAIRING: oysters, crabs, fish tartare, scallops, prawns, caviar or chicken with sesame.RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE SERVICE: 10-12 °C.ALCOHOL: 12.5%
How to serve
Who was the first to think of using the old quarries to stock champagne bottles? Although it is difficult to say, Veuve Clicquot did take advantage of the opportunity to increase cellaring space for its wines. In 1909, the House bought some magnificent chalk cellars, located on the Saint-Nicaise hills, which today enjoy new life as ageing cellars.More about the Winery
Reviews of Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008
- On the first nose, typical Chardonnay characteristics come to the fore, with the arrival of floral and mineral aromas (acacia, ferns, chalk). By agitating the wine, scents of candied fruit (citrus fruits, apricots, quince) and sweet almond emerge, to reappear later in the mouth. After rotating the wine for a few minutes more, rare notes such as peaty malt, tobacco and delicate herbs, are gradually unveiled.
- This aromatic, impressively complex bouquet is confirmed in the mouth.
- On the palate, the wine is clear-cut and pure, perfectly balanced with a delightful silky smoothness.
It had a deep colour at first sight. Very yeasty and biscuity on the nose. Warm and very tasty.