Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 199875cl
Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||1998 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1998
Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1998 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: pale golden coat with hints of jade color. Crystal and bubbles of incredible finesse.
- Nose: floral and mineral record (acacia, ferns, chalk); scents of candied fruit (citrus, apricot, quince) and sweet almond emerge.
- Palate: Sweet candied fruit and almonds, peaty malt, snuff, herbs ... complex, elegant, fine.
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Champagne
VINEYARD: Veuve Clicquot
GRAPES: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir
MATCHING WINE: cheeses, desserts, seafood.
Alcohol content: 12.5
How to serve
Who was the first to think of using the old quarries to stock champagne bottles? Although it is difficult to say, Veuve Clicquot did take advantage of the opportunity to increase cellaring space for its wines. In 1909, the House bought some magnificent chalk cellars, located on the Saint-Nicaise hills, which today enjoy new life as ageing cellars.More about the Winery
Reviews of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1998
- On the first nose, typical Chardonnay characteristics come to the fore, with the arrival of floral and mineral aromas (acacia, ferns, chalk). By agitating the wine, scents of candied fruit (citrus fruits, apricots, quince) and sweet almond emerge, to reappear later in the mouth. After rotating the wine for a few minutes more, rare notes such as peaty malt, tobacco and delicate herbs, are gradually unveiled.
- This aromatic, impressively complex bouquet is confirmed in the mouth.
- On the palate, the wine is clear-cut and pure, perfectly balanced with a delightful silky smoothness.
It had a deep colour at first sight. Very yeasty and biscuity on the nose. Warm and very tasty.