Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 198975cl
Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||1989 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Nero, Pinot Noir|
Description of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1989
Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1989 (Chardonnay, Pinot Nero and Pinot Noir)
Vintage 1989 will be remembered for the quality of the harvest and for
dramatic winter frosts. In fact, in January, the temperature reaches -25 °C for several days. This wave of unusually cold weather has a significant effect on the vineyards; more than 2,000 hectares have to be replaced. Pinot Noir is in the "Montagne de Reims" suffers most of these frosts. At the end of April spring frosts cause more damage in the northwest of the Montagne de Reims. Fortunately, however, Julio is splendid and flowering occurs read more ... in good condition. An exceptionally warm autumn season, with the start of the harvest in early October, leading to very good quality grapes collected in ideal harvest conditions.
This cuvee consists of eight Grands Crus, which are among the most prestigious
the Champagne region. Our vineyards in Avize, Oger and Mesnil-sur-Oger in the Côte des Blancs, produce 37% of Chardonnay used in the mix. The remaining 63% of Pinot Noir come from our best parcels of the Montagne de Reims and the Vallée de la Marne, the villages of Verzenay, Verzy, Ambonnay, Bouzy and Ay.
In the senses ...
Intense golden color with a pleasant and well-cord. Complex and intense nose: dried fruit, toast, with a touch of smoky flavor, almost stony. After a few minutes in contact with air the wine develops some typical notes of Pinot Noir: spices, underbrush, leather ... The palate is typical of the 1989 vintage: concentrated and powerful thanks to the high level of maturity reached in grapes and low yields. Toasted flavors / yeast are intense. The finish is long and structured.
Power and balance of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1989 make it an excellent Champagne
How to serve
Who was the first to think of using the old quarries to stock champagne bottles? Although it is difficult to say, Veuve Clicquot did take advantage of the opportunity to increase cellaring space for its wines. In 1909, the House bought some magnificent chalk cellars, located on the Saint-Nicaise hills, which today enjoy new life as ageing cellars.More about the Winery
Reviews of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1989
- On the first nose, typical Chardonnay characteristics come to the fore, with the arrival of floral and mineral aromas (acacia, ferns, chalk). By agitating the wine, scents of candied fruit (citrus fruits, apricots, quince) and sweet almond emerge, to reappear later in the mouth. After rotating the wine for a few minutes more, rare notes such as peaty malt, tobacco and delicate herbs, are gradually unveiled.
- This aromatic, impressively complex bouquet is confirmed in the mouth.
- On the palate, the wine is clear-cut and pure, perfectly balanced with a delightful silky smoothness.
Taste: Soft, yet full-bodied taste of tutti frutti, lemon, apple. Förtonerna reminiscent of candy pacifiers with fruit flavor. The champagne flows later into something darker tones of fruit, apple and lemon.
Comment: A fantastic champagne. Worth every penny. Estimated Veuve clicquot's standard champagne will love this. Quality throughout. Tastes like a Cristal 06 "light".