Welcome to Drinks&Co

You must be over 18 to enter this site.

Please enter your year of birth.

Please drink responsibly
Trends:

Champagne

Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985

75cl

Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008

£126.23
£126.23

This product is out of stock
You can buy Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame 2008

Technical sheet

Type Of Wine: sparkling wine
Vintage: 1985 Other vintages
Appellation:Champagne (Champagne, France)
Winery: Veuve Clicquot
Volume: 75cl
Grapes: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir
Allergens: Contains Sulfites
Alcohol Vol.: 12.00%
From Veuve Clicquot (Champagne), we received this Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985 , a sparkling wine based on pinot noir and chardonnay of 1985 and comes with an alcohol content of 12.00%. The Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985 is the ideal sparkling to combine with whitefish and seafood. Drinks&Co users rate this sparkling wine with 3,5 out of 5 points.

Description of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985

Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)

The 1985 Vintage will be remembered for the quality of the harvest as well as for

the dramatic winter frosts. Indeed, during January, the temperature reaches -25°C for several days. This wave of exceptionally cold weather has a considerable effect on the vineyards; more than 2,000 hectares have to be replaced. The Pinot Noir located in the « Montagne de Reims » suffers most from these frosts. At the end of April spring frosts cause more damage in the North West of the Montagne de Reims. Fortunately though, July is splendid and flowering takes place read more...under good conditions. An exceptionally warm autumn season, with the harvest beginning in early October, leads to very good quality grapes picked in ideal harvest conditions.

THE BLEND

This cuvée consists of eight Grands Crus, which are among the most prestigious in

the Champagne region. Our vineyards in Avize, Oger and Mesnil-sur-Oger, in the Côte des Blancs, produced 37% of the Chardonnay used in the blend. The remaining 63% of Pinot Noir come from our best parcels on the Montagne de Reims and the Vallée de la Marne, from the villages of Verzenay, Verzy, Ambonnay, Bouzy and Ay.

ON THE SENSES…

A deep gold colour, with a nice and fine bead. Complex and intense nose : dry fruits, toasted bread, with a hint of smoky, almost flinty aroma. After a few minutes in contact with the air the wine develops some typical notes of the Pinot Noir variety : spices, underwood, leather,… The palate is typical of the 1985 vintage : concentrated and powerful thanks to the great level maturity achieved in the grapes as well as the low yields. The toasty/yeasty flavours are intense. The finish is long and structured.

The power and the balance of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985 make it a superb Champagne

See more

The Winery

Veuve Clicquot

Veuve Clicquot

Who was the first to think of using the old quarries to stock champagne bottles? Although it is difficult to say, Veuve Clicquot did take advantage of the opportunity to increase cellaring space for its wines. In 1909, the House bought some magnificent chalk cellars, located on the Saint-Nicaise hills, which today enjoy new life as ageing cellars.

More about the Winery

Reviews of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985

3.5

1 customer reviews
  • 5
    0
  • 4
    1
  • 3
    0
  • 2
    0
  • 1
    0
Your rating for Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985:Rate Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1985:

4 /5

Champagne

View more
,

4 /5

O melhor espumantes para festejar os meus anos. Os meus amigos adoraram este Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame.
A olho tem uma cor intensa. No nariz, levedura e padaria. Não sei, Achei um pouco salgado
.
View more
,

4 /5

Reiches Hefearoma. Mir scheint, als wäre der Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame nicht optimal gelagert worden.
Einer der kräftigsten Rebensäfte des Weinguts Champagne.
View more
,
Reviews of other vintages of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 198502006102012

4/5

- La Grande Dame has a pale gold colour with jade glints. The wine is crystal clear, with unbelievably fine bubbles.
- On the first nose, typical Chardonnay characteristics come to the fore, with the arrival of floral and mineral aromas (acacia, ferns, chalk). By agitating the wine, scents of candied fruit (citrus fruits, apricots, quince) and sweet almond emerge, to reappear later in the mouth. After rotating the wine for a few minutes more, rare notes such as peaty malt, tobacco and delicate herbs, are gradually unveiled.
- This aromatic, impressively complex bouquet is confirmed in the mouth.
- On the palate, the wine is clear-cut and pure, perfectly balanced with a delightful silky smoothness.
View more
Anonymous

4/5

This wine was good for the dinner. The Veuve Clicquot la Grande Dame is just so good.
It had a deep colour at first sight. Very yeasty and biscuity on the nose. Warm and very tasty.
View more
Hayley Thompson

Other products from the winery