Taittinger Folies de la Marquetterie
- 28/07/17 |
- 4 /
- It has an intense, fruity bouquet with aromas of peaches, apricot jam and subtle hints of toasted brioche and vanilla.
- On the palate is it full-bodied, fruity and graceful with golden peach flavours.
- The long finish is distinctive with light toasty notes.
- All in all Folies de la Marquetteriei is a full flavoured, harmonious Champagne distinguished by its immense richness and complexity. Besides being an ideal aperitif it is a perfect accompaniment to fish and chicken dishes.
- 55% Pinot Noir, 45% Chardonnay.
- This cuvee is the story of the Taittinger house - the beginning of Taittinger's history. A single cru from the family home it is a special dedication to the history and is traditionally made. It is produced exclusively from grapes grown at "Les Folies", picked after the first "green" harvest, giving the wine optimum sweetness and aromatic maturity. Only wines from the first pressing are used, each plot being vinified in small volumes lot by lot and certain lots of Chardonnay in large oak casks to give added weight and creaminess. Folies de la Marquetterie is a blend of 45% Chardonnay and 55% Pinot Noir. Slow ageing for 5 years in bottle brings the flavours of this Champagne to perfect harmony.