Description of Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2012
Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2012 (Pinot Nero and Chardonnay)
- View: A view is brilliant golden yellow enhanced by persistent bubbles.
- Nose: The nose is perceived white fruit and apricot appear after aeration memories of nectarine, quince and brioche.
- Mouth: The palate first reveals a very creamy and full-bodied texture.
GRAPES: 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay.
PREPARATION: The wort is subjected to two decanting, one immediately after pressing and the second a cold transfer, in stainless steel tanks at 6 ° C for 24 hours. There slowly fermented at a controlled temperature below 18 ° C. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks with each variety and plot separately.
WINE PAIRING: This wine is ideal for pairing with roasted turkey stuffed with foie gras, capon with mushrooms
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6-8 ° C
Reviews of Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2012
- The finish is long and dry. This is a classy mid-term vintage from Pol Roger that will continue to improve for at least 5 years in bottle and in magnum for 10-12 years.
- Typically this has the power to match fine dining and would work well with lobster or other crustaceans as well as rich or pungent or spicy dishes.
- Vintage champagne is by definition the wine of a single year and it must rely on the success of that harvest alone. Vintage champagne is therefore produced only when all the necessary components of climate, grape quality and ripeness at harvest come together for the winemaker to produce a wine of optimum intensity, structure and balance.