Pol Roger (Champagne)
£69.79 + £4.99 Shipping (3 - 5 days)
£267.99 FREE SHIPPING! (7 days)
£1,071.98 FREE SHIPPING! (7 days)
Shipping: TheDrinkShop UK Free shipping from £125.66 in this store
£ You will receive 1.07 points for each unit bought
Looking for a unique champagne for a special occasion? Here you are right: The Roger Brut Vintage 2009 consists of 60% Pinot and 40% Chardonnay and ripens in the Montagne de Reims and Côte des Blancs. This champagne was only produced in limited quantities and is therefore something very special. The Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009 matured in the cellar for 8 years before it was launched on the international market. We are sure this luxurious champagne will convince you.
Technical sheet · Pol Roger Brut Vintage
If you liked Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009, you may also enjoy...
Description · Pol Roger
Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009 (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
TASTING NOTES OF Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009:
- View: Beautiful golden straw color.
- Nose: Delicate notes of fresh honey, jam, grapefruit and lime.
- Mouth: Elegant and harmonious on the palate predominance of fresh and fruity notes with.
VINEYARD: In the cellars of Pol Roger in the region of Champagne-France.
GRAPES: Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay.
AGEING: Stay in cellars for 8 years before going to market.
PREPARATION: Under the traditional method based Crus 30 wines, strains and different vintages with malolactic fermentation.
WINE PAIRING: As an aperitif and during meals.
TEMPERATURE: 11 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5 °
Distinction and elegance. Pol Roger is the "gentlemen's" Champagne, as Jean-Paul Kauffman wrote in "Voyage en Champagne". It is not surprising, therefore, that Winston Churchill and even then British royal family should have made it their favourite over the years. This refinement reflects a whole...
Buy Pol Roger Wine:
Highlighted review about Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009
Posted on 24/02/19 at 04.58
Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009
The nose, rich and elegant, opens up with delicate aromas of white fruit and apricot.
As the wine warms in the glass, it exudes scents of white nectarines and quince jelly mingled with brioche and pastry fragrances.
The palate, extremely delicate and subtle, boasts a stunning balance on an opulent and creamy structure evolving towards dried fruit. It is a masterpiece of harmony.
More reviews about Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2009
Posted on 16/01/19 at 04.39
Posted on 28/12/18 at 03.35
Posted on 20/11/18 at 14.16
Posted on 10/10/18 at 04.28
- Creamy autolytic mouthfeel with a refreshing backbone of acidity. The wine has a persistence of length and character.
- The wine is more accessible in its youth compared to Brut Vintage 2008, but will last for the next decade and onwards.
Posted on 17/07/18 at 16.46
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Pol Roger Brut Vintage 2006
- The finish is long and dry. This is a classy mid-term vintage from Pol Roger that will continue to improve for at least 5 years in bottle and in magnum for 10-12 years.
- Typically this has the power to match fine dining and would work well with lobster or other crustaceans as well as rich or pungent or spicy dishes.
- Vintage champagne is by definition the wine of a single year and it must rely on the success of that harvest alone. Vintage champagne is therefore produced only when all the necessary components of climate, grape quality and ripeness at harvest come together for the winemaker to produce a wine of optimum intensity, structure and balance.
Nice colour. Mixed aromas of yeast and bakery. Quite powerful flavour.
- View: deep golden attractive, a continuous thread of persistent bubbles.
- Nose: powerful and complex, with the maturity, developing aromas of quince and apple, rich notes of nuts.
- Mouth: creamy, voluptuous and well balanced structure, lasting aftertaste with walnut, almond sumptuous, balanced with the freshness of citrus, a structure body and nice maturity.
VINEYARD: Pol Roger
GRAPES: 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay.
Pol Roger Brut 2006
A good sparkling to finish the meal properly.
I drank it together with my sister.