Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 200475cl
Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2012
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2004 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Winery:||Moët & Chandon|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description of Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2004
Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2004 (Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir)
- View: Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2004 is light and bright yellow. A fine drop like a jewel
- Nose: fruity notes of white peach, lemon, pineapple, green banana and peraflorales, botanical flavours of herbal tea and more spicy nuances of honeysuckle and sweet pepper, brown sugar, marzipan and candied melon
- Mouth: simple and complex, with an elegant flavour, pure leading to a long, flexible living languorously rich light structure with mineral dyes invigorating and refreshing notasde rhubarb and grapefruit with a hint of mint
PAIRING: Fish, seafood and caviar, duck and white meats like chicken, greens and fresh flavours like cilantro, sweet and sour flavours of citrus, invigorating flavours like tomato or lemon, almond, hazelnuts, figs, risotto, pasta
DEGREE OF ALCOHOL: 12.5
CELLAR: Moët et Chandon
GRAPES: Chardonnay 38% Pinot Noir 33% Pinot Meunier 29%
Moët & Chandon has been lying in the heart of the French region, Champagne, for more than two centuries. With the mountain of Reims in front and the Marne valley to the west, the landscape is striving since then to enhance this unique land with its roundabout 800 hectares of vines, maintained by 250 winegrowers.More about the Winery
Reviews of Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2004
- Initial floral notes of linden, honeysuckle and acacia with citrus nuances evocative of bergamot and mandarin orange zest along with a dash of anise and green tomato. Following are notes of just-ripe stone fruits - white peach, nectarine and Mirabelle plums.
- The bouquet is completed by gentle scents of pastry, brioche, frangipane, almonds and vanilla with a slight hint of white pepper.
- This vintage is vivacious and lively. The underlying acidity orients the linear, focused palate; the tautness is enveloped and channelled by the texture of succulent notes of white fruits which envelop and channel the freshness toward a vibrant, mouth-watering finish with a lingering note of citrus fruit.
- Chardonnay 40%, Pinot Noir 37%, Pinot Meunier 23%.
Very light flavour. Yeasty smell. Light wine, more than expected.
I'd like to try it with a carpaccio.